Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hits 2x as hard, just as ccw capable, and easier to hit with, ammo's within 2c a rd of being as cheap, too. can be rechambered and reloaded to hit 4x as hard, too.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
hits 2x as hard The Russian Barnaul 115gr HP is within 80fps of 9mm. That isn't hitting twice as hard.

just as ccw capable and easier to hit with Thats subjective. I like the MAK better. Besides you have to gunsmith the Star for CCW.

ammo's within 2c a rd of being as cheap Don't think thats so with the Russian HP being so cheap.

can be rechambered and reloaded to hit 4x as hard, too Strain an old gun with loads that it wasn't designed for = hand grenade. Get a modern gun chambered for the 357 Sig.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look, you damned dummy. I never SAID use the stupid factory loads, or anything LIKE the factory loads in 356. They are WAY too slow, too heavy a bullet. 55 grs at 2200 fps aint hard on it, and you don't have to practice with that load, either. You couldn't afford it, since it's $3 a rd.

There's sources of $100 per 1000 rds for 9mm, sometimes, even delivered to your door. All you have to do is shop around.

bernaul 100 gr is 1320 fps? like hell it is. 100 gr Corbon 9mm is 1400 fps the 90 gr 9mm is 1500 fps. u dont have to smith the Star at ALL for it to be BETTER than the Mak for ccw. It's 7.2" long, 28 ozs, 2x as powerful, and SA. That's MUCH better, since the Mak has to be belt carried like the Star, and the Star's FAR easier to hit with, from concealment, at the same speed. If you wasted your time chopping a mak to be pocketable, you u'd be better off with a KelTec 380, sicne it has a locked breech and is smaller and lighter than you could POSSIBLY make the Mak. :) your ignorance is showing. With 3 wound channels per shot, and 590 ft lbs per shot, and 2200 fps softpoint rifle bullet type tissue destruction, the 356 is EASILY 4x as destructive and shocking as is the Mak. just because you cheapskates WISH something doesn't make it so, ya know.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Star 9mm BM 2x as good as Mak
No, it's not.
hits 2x as hard,
No, it doesn't.
just as ccw capable,
Not as issued.
and easier to hit with,
No, it's not.
ammo's within 2c a rd of being as cheap, too.
MAYBE, if you buy the cheapest, shittiest 9mm you can find
can be rechambered and reloaded to hit 4x as hard, too.
No, it can't. It can be rechambered to blow up.
100 gr Corbon 9mm is 1400 fps the 90 gr 9mm is 1500 fps
And is way above SAAMI-spec. It'll grenade the Star, as it's not rated for +p or +p+ ammo. All your blathering about ammo is meaningless and irrelavent, as it does not exist.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
And the fantasy continues.............................

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Like I said,

It dosn't take Plus p, can't take HPs, can't be carried safely chamber loaded (it WILL fire if dropped on the muzzle.) Can't be dryfired as the firing pin is pinned in and thus will BREAK if dry fired much. Gun parts for Star BM are limited. Maks are abundant.

Mak is way ahead of a Star BM. Only a stupe like stupekid would pick a Star.

·
Registered
657 Posts
After GK does his mods to the star it probably wont fire reliably anyway, so that puts the mak way ahead since I can shoot it all day long without an FTF or FTE or anyother problem. Plus I can swap parts from one mak to another without a problem and Andy's star is certainly one of a kind.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
90 @ 1500, and 100 @ 1400 are both at least high-end +P loads, much more likely in the +P+ range. I like Star pistols more than most around here, but the small BM’s just not rated for those loads. If I had to choose between a BM and a Mak, I’d be more comfortable (at least initially) with the BM, as it’s closer to what I’m used to.

But stressing it beyond what it was designed for designed isn’t a good idea.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Look;just keep it simple.Star BM?Its a cheap shot for real....stanrdard ball loadings,,you can plink with it. In a pinch,it beats throwing rocks,but for CCW and practice?I gotta concur,the Maks are sturdy,USEFUL little brutes.Fotr a blowback gun,those are pretty freaking stout.Is a 9X18,even at its best the ballistic twin of a 9+P and beyond?Nope.DoI want to stand in front of one being fired at me Hell no!.
What I always liked about them,besides the typical combloc/Russian reliability,was the fact that they are small enough to tote easily,big enough to hang onto and shoot well under "OH $HIT!!" type conditions,ammo price makes 'em cheap to practice with,and price wise;beyond a little trigger work,you can mostly leave them stock if you're not into spending money on smith services.Oh,and if they're confiscated after an @sshole DA/ADA/Chief decides to complicate your life,then your'e not worried about your $1000 plus custom uberpistol being destroyed,marked up as evidence,or "disappearing"into the personal collection if some avaricious public servant off the books.
Still,affordable,reliable and stout are three things to always sell.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And gripper, you don't have to worry if that $1000 cut up POS Star will blow up in your face, reguardless if that DA/ADA/Chief takes your gun or not! Your right about it being an excellent CCW pistol for a very modest price. The Mak website even has Novak sights for the Mak! Cool.

I'll take a Mak over a Star BM for SD any day, and I'll take a STOCK Star BM over gunkid's POS Star wet dream ANY TIME ANY DAY.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
55 gr at 2200? Well F me are we backto his special hand cast peweter bulletes again? I thought he quit that one back in 99?

What a tard. He has no idea of springs requirements, slide velocities or p[ressure curves.

What a maroon.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i copy the 'gist' hasher![implosion?.... nah!...explosion]
isn't the star a cheap 'copy' of the 1911?[i'm thimkin']

GRIPPER!... [i'm thimkin'...about reporting a massive gun theft at the tribal
tee-pee of the lodge of brass hammer...after reading your posting!]

some times this board ain't as fun as it should be["all that shines, is not worthy"]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts