Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Steven Camp's website and review of the Star BM.

Note: The Star BM's bbl comes with but one locking lug. Steel on Star pistols is traditionally "soft" compared to other handguns and one can see the heat-treated areas on the slides in many cases. Recoil springs are not so easily changed/replaced on these pistols and for these reasons I do NOT recommend much use of +P ammunition. None was used in today's test for that reason and the fact that spare parts are tough to find.

I do not think that Mr. Camp would recommend conversion of this pistol to 356 TSW nor the use of hot loads.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
No, he wasn't that impressed with the Star BM. Only ONE locking lug and soft metal, oh yeah, THAT'S what I want to shoot a rocket load in.......

However, Mr. Camp did seem to really take a shine to the Makarov as a good, general purpose shooting and CCW pistol.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
just because YOU are stupid about what pressures a 55 gr bullet at 2200 fps doesn't mean crap, sonny. Mag safe's 52 gr 9mm, at 2100 fps in a 4" barrel, aint even plus P. Dont blame YOUR ignorance on ME dumbass. The 55 gr Split Nose has a LOT more room for powder than does the 52 gr Mag safe, because of the hollowbase. The skirts of the hollowbase seal the bore better, but squeeze down more easily in the rifling than does a coppe jacket, too. What Steve SAID, dumbasses is that his BM showed NO wear in 3000 rds. :) Just because YOU are too stupid and cheap to have a PRACTICE gun doesn't make it un feasible to practice with one gun, and ccw another. Just look at all the stupid fucks that practice with a 1911 and then carry a Mak or .38 snub. :)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
You're being dillusional on the pressure that your supposed load generates.

BTW, I also target practice a lot with a Makarov, in addition to the .45ACP. I usually have at least one .30cal ammo can full of 9x18mm FMJ blasting ammo (about 1500 rounds) laying about at any given moment.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
gunkid, please post your evidence that the gun will withstand those pressures.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
shouldn't there be an easy way to calculate the pressures? I don't reload, so I have no idea.

cheers

·
Registered
657 Posts
Unlike yours Andy Mr. Camps gun was unmodified, I wouldn't be supprised if your mods make it considerably less reliable and more prone to failures.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
copycat said:
Unlike yours Andy Mr. Camps gun was unmodified, I wouldn't be supprised if your mods make it considerably less reliable and more prone to failures.

And that is why gunkid comes up with this 'guns don't need to be reliable' post. Trying to excuse his POS Star.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts