Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to create a sticky thread in each fourm, where the thread doesn't get pushed of the page?

A place where if we have some thoughts on loads, or gear, or info that makes sense to keep around, we can post?

It's useful for pointing out dangerous stuff, or neat ideas.

just a thought.

:devil:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Sure, I can stick any thread at all at the top of any forum. But I guess I would need to know what specific criteria to use to determine which thread(s) should be stuck at the top.

And of course you realize, it would not be immune to being flooded with contrary opinions and comments.

Perhaps a separate forum dedicated to dangerous practices or information that could safe your life or limb, may be a better solution.

I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To properly do it would require a bit more moderating. You know the flames would get in the thread. they'd have to be pruned, unless there was something of value (doubtful) in them.

I'd like to take the discussion on probabilities out of the shotgun thread, edit it for more educational purposes and place it in a tactics thread.

The discussion centers around dodging and weaving vs flat out running from cover to cover. which is the better tactic, why - what probability shows us about each.

Keep all the flaming and name calling out of the discussion. I think it is something people might get a kick out of.

likewise, some of the discussions around mounting optics and selecting optics.

Garand has shared his gear selection with us many times - good info.

as long as the bs can be kept out of it, it'd be a good thing. (but more work on your part, or whomeverf moderates the thread.)

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Perhaps I need a moderator here to lend a hand. I am getting into my busy season with my business, so time is going to be in very short supply.

I'll have to think on this.....

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's all anyone can ask - that you consider it.

thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts