Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
way as the Army did the Apaches. They hired OTHER Indians as trackers. You aint GOT the trackers needed, in the numbers that will be needed, that's CERTAIN. Only the merest handful of men today have such abilities, and 90% of them will die within a year of shtf, because they are nothing special, otherwise.

The DIFF, however, is that the fugitives of shtf will have autorifles, and the ability to hit you from 1/4 mile away. Unlike what a bunch of ignorant savages could do, with single shots and muzzleloaders. They'd fire once, their powder smoke would betray their location, they'd be unable to CLEAN out the corrosive fouling (and wouldn't KNOW how to, or that they even HAD to do so. so of COURSE the gun's bores were ruined-inaccurate, and the bozos had no clue about riflery.

It will be a FAR different thing to hunt men who have scoped autorifles, especially with a can on same. You will take loss after loss, and have NOTHING to show for it, other than more losses, if you stupidly continue to pursue such a man.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
What fantasy number is this??

G

·
Hey gunkid, stupe, ever hear of thermal immagery? Ever hear of heat photography? This isn't indian days, bozo. And to hunt pure killers they will set booby traps and mines and do all kinds of things in any SHTF. They won't CARE if a bozo like you lives or dies or cries.

They won't hold trials if you surrender like you always do. They will shoot on sight and won't be to particular as to who you are. Plenty of range wars had innocents hung just to make sure the guilty got hung to.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
And in what historical precedent have 90% of a country’s men died in a year? Even in open combat that doesn’t happen, but you constantly proclaim that this time, for some reason it simply must.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
STILL have to track, hunt fugitives
Who does? Even in more than ten years of law enforcement, I only twice "hunted" anybody, and both times I knew roughly where they were. I have no plan, intention, or fantasy of hunting people in some apocalyptic wasteland.

And while you may indeed have plans, intentions, and fantasies of doing so, you'll never have the need or opportunity. You keep projecting yourself into the role of The Postman or Mad Max or something, but keep in mind - you're not only a senior citizen, you were a senior citizen when Obama was President. While I'm not your age, I'm less than ten years behind you and neither one of us will ever be the Armed Predator of the Apocalypse. Just not gonna happen John. Maybe put down the Jerry Young books and pick up something non-fictional instead. That would be much more helpful in the long run.

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
if it is SHTF and there is a reason to be hunting someone, then the gloves come off. Simply burn the forest down around them. Or set up a drive and push them into an ambush.

hell, a couple of teams could keep the pressure up 24/7 - one team rests while the other pursues using thermals and night vision. One side is nice and rested, the hunted gets no sleep or rest.

Simply run them into the ground.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Don't forget standard night vision, FLIR, and those damnable armed drones, John! ;)

Reactions: BigEd

·
Administrator
2,546 Posts
What Melvinous Felonious forgets is some people may also get drones of their own with cameras. I addition to game cams and motion sensors that recharge during the daytime (solar). Where ever I eventually end up I'll have perimeter security and I'll bet if I keep the rechargeables replaced they'll hold up long enough for most of the riff raff to be hunted down and wiped out.
Or just starve or freeze to death.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Again Melvin shows no respect for the capabilities of any possible opponents. During a true SHTF scenario that he fantasizes, the gloves will be off for everyone.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
Again Melvin shows no respect for the capabilities of any possible opponents. During a true SHTF scenario that he fantasizes, the gloves will be off for everyone.
In his defense, in the 1970's based world he projects from, things like relatively-inexpensive flying toys with HD cameras, $90 thermal imagers, etc, simply didn't exist. So they aren't to be factored in or acknowledged, just as other advances (calibers, whatever) aren't accepted or even acknowledged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts