Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these? I ordered some for the glock 19, just to test for range use initially. I have several old (20+ year old) G19 magazines with very worn springs, and when thinking about replacing those old springs I decided to try some of these, since it would kill two birds with one stone so to speak. I like the G19, but it does have a slightly short grip for retention-holster use, which is what I use for range use & woods carry. These +5 adapters would slightly lengthen the grip, and they come with their own extended mag springs. So if I put these extensions (with their own extended springs) on some of the unused magazines I have in storage, I could use the factory springs out of those unused magazines to replace the worn springs in the old mags. Kind of a win-win, and they're only $15 or so which is much less than the Taran +2 extensions I use on the G43.

Already have them ordered, so not really looking for advice on whether or not to get them, but just curious if anyone here has any firsthand experience, good or bad.

Audio equipment Cylinder Gas Electric blue Rectangle

Registered
Not with that specific model but I tried one once. And it never worked right for the 43 I had. I even wasted money on an extra power spring.

Sometimes I question if it was original or a fake don't even have the 43 anymore.
Wood Gadget Packing materials Audio equipment Hardwood

Registered
I use an Arredondo +6 extended magazine base plate and a longer Wolff Gunspring as a backup magazine for my G19. The Arredondo magazine extension and Wolff gunspring work perfectly, and I trust this setup which I've been using, now, for the past 12 years. It's been flawless!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed - I remember you talking about that now; I didn't remember what brand it was. I have TTI +2's on two of my G43 magazines and they work great. Too expensive for me to ever buy any more of them, but they do work. I don't carry the G43 often, but when I do it's with the TTI +2 on it.

Pistolero - I've never tried Arredondo's. I've heard of them, but never tried them. I do like the way the Arredondo's attach; it seems like it would be easier to install while still being very positive & secure.

I mainly went with the Strike Industries ones because even though they got pretty good overall reviews, their price was very low (just $15-$16 for the +5 basepad including an extended spring), and also these aren't likely to be ccw carry-gun extensions for me.

I put them on last night, and other than it being a pain to remove the factory basepads (which it always seems to be on glocks), they seem pretty good. I haven't put any rounds through them functionally, but test-filled them after assembling. Could just barely get 20 in all of them, and then downloaded each of them to 18 before putting them up. Hopefully will get a chance to try them some this weekend

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tested them a little today. Only one 18-rd loading each, as doing even that little takes 90 rounds of ammo. No problems at all; 鈥榮o far, so good鈥 as they say. And the slight added length does help some when sliding in for a purchase on the g19鈥檚 normally short grip. Will take more use to get to completely trust them, but at less than half the price of TTI or Arredondo extensions, so far I鈥檓 impressed.

Handgun holster Gesture Material property Gun accessory Font

Reactions: BigEd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts