Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when a 10/22 with 16.5 inch barrell and BC folding stock is half the weight and with BC 50 round mags carry twice the ammo. :nyah:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
We have proven the 10" POSCAR loses so much velocity that FMJ ammo won't frag at any range and SPs blow up on brush (which is the ONLY way to make a POSCAR worth a damn.) So that makes the 10" POSCAR worthless.

Add to that it jams far more than a full lenght AR and it pretty much makes it junk. Of course since gunkid also likes junk Star autos that he is willing to let YOU pour $$$ into to even come close to a Colt Defender in .40, well that shows you what his 'thinking' is worth. And his 'thinking' isn't worth spit.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Its always been something that struck me as asinine;where the .223 is concerned.With a good one,I'd not feel naked before mine enemies.The thing is ,the standard m193 or m855 ball is just about optimum with barrel lengths from 18-21 inches.Stay within the operating envelope,and between 75 to 300 m it rocks.(Iknow,a lot of old '0311's shoot or shot past that,even in the Army I did on occasion).But that is where it is comming out of the standard 20 inch barrel;even taking it down to 16 inches ( in my opininon)costs you too much at the starting line as far as the whole muzzle velocity/wounding ballistics dynamic goes.
If you limit yourself to a chopped barrel poodle popper with all the whistles&bells you may want to try for the impossible:a guarantee that you will NEVER havre to deal with either a threat from behind significant barrier material OR never deal with threats beyond a half-court round ball distance.
Hey;it might be an interesting pistol/back up type weapon,especiallyu if your primary is a full size 5.56 rifle,butI'd still prefer a larger cartridge and more barrel length .Makes for a better club or spear(with the bayonet) during close encounters of the violent kind. :dgrin:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
hey ,gripper! that got me thinking, i have a bushmaster with 16" barrel[1in9 twist]
and a dr-200 with 18"[don't have a clue offhand for rifling twist]

but thought i'd run maybe 3rounds of ss-109 over the 'chrony' in each of them to see for my self what the loss of 2" in barrel length is[i've never ran either of them over it]

what do ya think? when i do it i'll post the readings i get! :wavey:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hey,theres a worthwhile endeavor.I've no doubt that you could tailor loadings to be optimal over a reasonable variance,say 16 to 20;but I guess if you want to reach out with authority beyond250+,I'd still feel better with the longer barrels in that caliber. I'm thinking 62 grainers in th e16 inch Bushy tube would probably go 2750-to a little under 2900fps.Maybe a bit faster with the M193 stuff.Production lots for surplus will vary,as will Wolf,Barnaul etc.You gonna work on any handloading recipes for shorties to make them reasonable beyond 300meters?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
gripper the asine thing is the 10" POSCAR has a extension that makes it into a 16" barrel so as to hide the huge flash. Why not just use a 16"er or longer. Why, cause gunkid's wet dream demands a cool looking shooter reguardless if it's worth it or not.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
yeah,you're right;that IS a lot of unburnt powder in a ten inch barrel with standard loadings.And YES GK is obsessive on the whole chopped/canned/dressed up/drag queened CAR....Hey youv'e hit it:HE'S GOT A FIREARM'S RELATED GENDER IDENTITY DISORDER!!...Now it all becomes clear to me.Some (confused )men ;behind closed doors like to dress up in frilly ,satiny lingerie...Gunkid likes to dress up hispoodle shooter. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
gripper said:
yeah,you're right;that IS a lot of unburnt powder in a ten inch barrel with standard loadings.And YES GK is obsessive on the whole chopped/canned/dressed up/drag queened CAR....Hey youv'e hit it:HE'S GOT A FIREARM'S RELATED GENDER IDENTITY DISORDER!!...Now it all becomes clear to me.Some (confused )men ;behind closed doors like to dress up in frilly ,satiny lingerie...Gunkid likes to dress up hispoodle shooter. :rofl:
Gripper, this is a funny post. A firearms related gender identity disorder -- Indeed!

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
gripper, probably not, on the hand-loading for the .223 [i have acsess to a dillon650, but the last batch of a thousand was pretty crappy,had to be something? i recall running most of them thru the dillon 'yes' gauge before bagging them!]

now hold on there fellas, i've slept with a gun, alot longer than i have with
women[on a nightly bases]....and if we was drinkin' around the campfire,ha!
even my ol' sig 220 has gotten 'wet' more than.....er....maybe...this shouldn't be posted!

:wavey:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.22 long rifle max fps with 16.5 barrel anything longer is needless weight. With scope, trigger job, bedded barrel .5 in groups or better at 100 yds. No need for CAR with 10 in. barrel. No need for can if use sub sonic ammo.

·
Registered
779 Posts
kantuc2 said:
.22 long rifle max fps with 16.5 barrel anything longer is needless weight. With scope, trigger job, bedded barrel .5 in groups or better at 100 yds. No need for CAR with 10 in. barrel. No need for can if use sub sonic ammo.
This HAS to be gunkid. Same style writing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe for a POS Remington, but not for 10/22 with a GM barrel. Do a search on velocity on the Rimfire.com board.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have a merry Christmas Hasher. Still waiting for you to head up Boulder way so we can do lunch and go shoot.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
With the right barrel,some of the subsonics have been pretty accurate.To stabillize the heavier .22 lr's you might go aftermarket,but I had some pretty decent results with plain vanilla Eley's in an old All Weather model 10-22.Crappy trigger,but it shot better than I could without a machine rest.Eventually I had the camming surfaces stoned. I think there's (still in print)the Ultimate 10-22,aimed both at the NFA 1934 type mods, but there was an extensive section on hammer/trigger and other work that couyld be done to improve the pull.Some good barrel work,both short barrelled and standard .

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
think so, stupid? Well TRY taking a deer at 150m with one sometime. try taking on a half a dozen men with AK's with your silly little .22. Try taking on just TWO cops with shotguns, while you are at it, too. :) Just because YOU are too chickenshit and inept to make your own 223 silencer doesn't mean everyone is as lame as you are, ya know. There's these things called softpoints, dumbasses. even in a 10" barrel, a 60 gr sp, at 2500 fps, makes 223 ball look SICK, by comparison. All you have to do is shoot some animals with both, and you'll KNOW how stupid you are about ball ammo.

223 sp's penetrate kevla vests, car doors, windshiels, many inches of wood. 22's do nothing of the kind. So what you pussies MEAN is you are too cheap, stupid and lazy to have the real deal.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
andy said:
think so, stupid? Well TRY taking a deer at 150m with one sometime. try taking on a half a dozen men with AK's with your silly little .22. Have you ever even taken on one armed man? (armed with his penis int he prison shower does nto count) Try taking on just TWO cops with shotguns, while you are at it, too. Have you ever taken ona cop cowardkid? I hear you went whimpering like a girl when they came for you :) Just because YOU are too chickenshit and inept to make your own 223 silencer doesn't mean everyone is as lame as you are, ya know.Nope no one wants ot be a felon like you is why sparky There's these things called softpoints, dumbasses. even in a 10" barrel, a 60 gr sp, at 2500 fps, makes 223 ball look SICK, by comparison. All you have to do is shoot some animals with both, and you'll KNOW how stupid you are about ball ammo. Ahhh our balastics expert shows his ass yet again.

223 sp's penetrate kevla vests, Why would you need to shoot through kevlar MElvin? Are you planning on killing some cops? I bet Mike Fisher will love reading this post. YOu know him dont you mr. Davis? afterall he is your PO. car doors, windshiels, many inches of wood. 22's do nothing of the kind. So what you pussies MEAN is you are too cheap, stupid and lazy to have the real deal.
melvin you are such an absolute imbecile when it comes ot anythign gun related as to defy a description.

Ok folks kantuc2 is not andy he was just having a little fun and I was just having a littel fun with him. LOL

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hey Andy you F#$king PUNK ! You're calling ME stupid?Mr I'm an Uber Outlaw that licks the hand that beats/feeds me?Off your meds today?Score some crack and sucking that glass d!ck?BITE ME you QUEEN!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts