Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fate finally smiled a little. Yesterday afternoon I used my Ruger Blackhawk 45LC to kill an 8 point buck. Distance was about 40 yards. He was slowly walking to visit my near feeder. Didn't even hear me cock the hammer. One hard cast 250gr hit him and he wobbled 3 or 4 steps before falling down. One little bleat and he was dead.

This morning the wind was blowing so I abandoned the tripod for a little knoll overlooking a spot where 3 deer trails cross. Just sat down with my back to a tree and scanned the area with binoculars. Around 8:15A a small buck passed through. Too small. 30 minutes later a 10 pointer made his way down the trail stopping often to take a bite of some green food. I shifted into sitting position and slipped my arm into the hasty sling of the H&K91. Squeezed the trigger. One shot and the deer fell. Watched through the scope and he didn't even try to rise. A second buck came into view to see what had happened but I couldn't shoot; had just filled all my tags. Kill distance was about 200 yards.

I never heard the shot from either the revolver or the rifle. (really happens that way GK). The H&K91 is a fine accurate rifle and the 308 recoil is very mild.

Yesterday and this morning filled two of my greatest hunting dreams: to kill a deer with my revolver and to make a good long range hunting shot with the rifle. Tomorrow Jack and I will butcher and package the meat. The meat should be especially delicious because they dropped immediately and didn't have to time to fill their body with adrenaline.

Maybe Saturday we'll will go back to deer camp. Some ham meat would be good. Maybe I can kill a hog with a Makarov.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Silly Girl, its all a fantasy, you didn't have your CANNED AR w/ .22 insert!

:laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01:

Seriously though, great shooting with an "obsolete" handgun

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Garand said:
Silly Girl, its all a fantasy, you didn't have your CANNED AR w/ .22 insert!

:laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01:

Seriously though, great shooting with an "obsolete" handgun
RIKA -- good for you RIKA, you have now shot TWO more than NUTTY JOHN.

Garand -- funny comment.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Excellent shooting RIKA, .45LC is an excellent revolver cartridge and the HK91 is an excellent rifle.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could call it great hunting skill but would charge both off to luck.

RIKA

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
who needs luck , when your GOOD[and you are, don't sell your self short]

great shooting! good-luck on the hog.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Outstanding! :beer:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Raider said:
I wish I could call it great hunting skill but would charge both off to luck.

RIKA
BS you did good, don't sell yourself short.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Teufelhund said:
We need kill pictures, images of fresh drawn blood HooYaa!

Teuf,
Jack has to finish the rest of the exposures in the camera.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Good shooting, RIKA. I have never shot a deer with a pistol. Must be a thrill. Maybe I'll give it a try next year. My deer hunting this year was disrupted by some family problems. Nothing major, just some things I had to attend to. I only got out two day's, and on one it was raining and foggy. It was frustrating because I could hear deer moving in the brush below the ridge I hunt from but could only get a glimpse of movement now and then. The last day I took a 130 lb. Doe so I had SOME venison and Landjaeger sausage to carry me through the year. Disappointing. I'm glad the HK worked out for you. I only fired one once, but I was impressed. Anyway, GREAT HUNT!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Excellent job RIKA. I didnt get to go hunting this year... Not enough money to get to the cabin :headbang:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts