Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Don't know how many rounds I've personally fired in my life (going thru 300-350 9mm tomorrow), but no question it's over 100,000; likely closer to 200,000.

And I've got zero insurgents to show for it... :D

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
During the U.S. Civil War, It was estimated that it took 2 times a man's weight in lead Mini-Balls fired from single shot rifled muskets to kill or wound an enemy. Again, this proves what?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
It might surprise some that even when deployed our troops run through ammo in training to stay fresh.

Really "statistics" can be cooked up and slanted about anyway.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
not that many stats. :) the govt buys what it buys and there's a record of it and where it went, all of it. the non combat areas don't fire at all. I never fired an authorized shot in a year in korea, never heard of anyone who had. our mess sergeant had been there 6 years straight, said they'd never had any shooting. they didn't want the upset and hassle, and possible casulties. the rifle accounts for only 10% of casulties on the modern battlefield. If the bean counters had their way, there'd be no rifles issued at ALL. In THEORY, we qualified, scores were written in. i"m sure nothing has changed and other areas are no different. It's the Army way of doing things (ie, nothing gets done that's not absolutely required and actually CHECKED-ON. None of us dog handlers walked our dogs on duty, unless there was some sort of inspection. It was the same all over Korea, too. Everyone knew it and pretended otherwise. My 40 man graduating class from the Okinawa training facility all hit Korea the same day, were broken up, 1-2 of us sent to each Nike battery, and we all ETS's the same day, at the same place. So we all discussed what we'd experienced. Nobody had walked their dogs. Most never even took them out of their kennels unless something was going-on or suspected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts