Arms Locker banner

If gun possession becomes illegal, what will YOU do?

• Turn in all but one of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, it's ex post facto, against the second amendment, blah, blah, blah.... but it happened. The Kerry administration ramrodded the law through on a fast track, and sure enough, it is now against the law for you to possess any firearm at all. As Swinestein said: "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, I would have done it."

Well, now she got her way. Penalties are SEVERE! Felony conviction and mandatory jail time.

What would you do about it?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I would comply fully with the law. Hmmm...andy is right I am a liar. Seriously, I would surrender both of my guns (sold the others private party and I suck at remembering names) if Uncle Sam could find someone dumb enough to go door to door gathering them up in Wyoming. :)

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
I'd ask erika/gunkid for her/his advice on which hookers to talk to to buy new guns!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Just ain't gonna happen, Rich. In the last two weeks I have gotten 9 fliers from Bush/Kerry pleading that they won't harm my right to possess. Their SCARED of the political clout we have. We CAN sway an election or the agenda following that. I'm not worried in the least.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
90% will surrender every gun that they have. 90% of the remaining 10% will surrender all but 1-2, and bury that one.ALL of the 99% (and all of the non-gunowners will tell Big Brother everything that they can remember about anybody else who's a gun owner for a $500 reward. The joker in the deck, tho, is WHAT will that remaining 600,000 gunowners do? If even 1% of that 600,000 does what will MAXIMIZE their effectiveness, big Brother will HEARTILY wish he'd never started ANY crap about the guns,cause he will be left "ruling" over nothing more than ASHES. I give my solemn oath that I will PERSONALLY see to that.

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
Yep, you'll cry, crawl into the fetal position and surrender like normal!

·
Registered
54 Posts
BANNED

If we the people allow this sort of outrage, then we deserve the kind of society we will have forced down our throughts. This would be a tough situation for someone to face, but I don't think I say anything too inflamatory on the net where who knows who is watching.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not intended to invoke chest beating and the like. I have a couple of reasons for posting the poll, one of which has already born fruit. More on that later...... :dgrin:

Othewise I was just curious to see what people thought about such a situation.

Terry G said:
Just ain't gonna happen, Rich. In the last two weeks I have gotten 9 fliers from Bush/Kerry pleading that they won't harm my right to possess. Their SCARED of the political clout we have. We CAN sway an election or the agenda following that. I'm not worried in the least.
You first mistake, Terry is believing what a politician, especially a Democrat, says to you. Especially pre-election. :) Don't we all already have teethmarks where the sun don't shine from that mistake in the past?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I don't know man... I remember on the AR15.com board when the AW ban passed in California and everyone was given a certain amount of time to register their weapons. There were so many people chiding the people who registered and others publicly vowing not to register theirs because they were 100 percent certain that they would be confiscated ASAP. Of course, years later, there are people enjoying their registered ARs (that can still be legally sold person to person out of state if I recall correctly) while the people bashing them are basically felons waiting to happen.

Look at Canada and Australia. Pretty strict gun laws there, right? To think that USA would outlaw guns is taking a pretty large step. I mean, if absolute worse comes to worse, I highly doubt we'd have MORE restrictions than them.

That doesn't mean I won't vote and continue educating others about the importance for law abiding citizens to have the right to choose, even if they themselves select not to own a weapon.

BTW... I guess you don't need a fishing license when you own the lake, right? ;)

cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
I veiw the Right to keep and bear arms as an insurance policy on ALL of our other GOD given rights.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
"The beauty of the second ammendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away." ~~ Thomas Jefferson.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
god never gave us shit. We have rights because brave men died, and KILLED lots of pos's who wanted to TAKE those rights. You only have such rights as you have a viable THREAT against those who would take them (ie, MOST of any society)

U see it all the time, is keeping your wallet worth losing your life over, etc. No, but it's sure worth the 'life" of any pos's who are trying to steal it. You don't fight to die for anything. You fight to kill the OTHER guy,cause he's WRONG to be attacking you, in any shape, form or fashion, as long as you have not precipitated the action.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There are a whole lot of guys spending a lot of time in the hot and cold of the desert who would be very pissed off to return to the US and find that they are losing or have lost this right.

A march and campout from them similar to what the Bonus Army did will gather attention but the public today wont tolerate a Tiananmen Square style massacre in the US, that's if these fellas didn't just cut and ran when confronted with force. When you can kill a tank or APC you have options to fall back upon if standing in front of it for the television cameras won't work.

Turning society into ashes is only a plan if it's used to hold society hostage and force a desired outcome ie. Do this or X will continue.

Soap Box
Ballot Box
Cartridge Box

We are only at steps 1&2.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
krept said:
I don't know man... I remember on the AR15.com board when the AW ban passed in California and everyone was given a certain amount of time to register their weapons. There were so many people chiding the people who registered and others publicly vowing not to register theirs because they were 100 percent certain that they would be confiscated ASAP. Of course, years later, there are people enjoying their registered ARs (that can still be legally sold person to person out of state if I recall correctly) while the people bashing them are basically felons waiting to happen.

Look at Canada and Australia. Pretty strict gun laws there, right? To think that USA would outlaw guns is taking a pretty large step. I mean, if absolute worse comes to worse, I highly doubt we'd have MORE restrictions than them.

That doesn't mean I won't vote and continue educating others about the importance for law abiding citizens to have the right to choose, even if they themselves select not to own a weapon.

BTW... I guess you don't need a fishing license when you own the lake, right? ;)

cheers
Actually MANY people do not even know what is now illegal when it comes to guns. At every gun show I have been to lately, I always see at least one person STUNNED that he has to go through a NICS check before he can buy his new shotgun or hunting rifle. They are incredulous! You mean that applies to ME?????

The average Joe Blow on the street was hoodwinked into believing the assault weapon ban applied to fully automatic machine guns or guns that had some sort of mystical powers to kill by looks alone.

Laws are not normally passed because of a logical discourse of truth and facts that is dispensed to the public for informed debate and input. One of the biggest shortcomings of the United States Constitution, in my opinion, was the lack of making lying by a public official a capital crime.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
agree to that and many of the posts

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Terry G said:
You know of course that many people believed many of the things that Adolph Hitler said. One of them was that he assured hungary that he would not invade or occupy that country, nor would he deport the Hungarian Jews. They all thought it could not happen. Now just try to find someone who is a descendant of a Hungarian Jew and ask them what they think about hollow promises. Shit can and does happen, very bad shit indeed. The thing is once the elections are over, if the anti gun forces can remove your firearms from your possession, they will do so. If they accomplish that then your political clout will mean much less than it did today because there is nothing to back up the power of your vote. Remember there is one party that wants to bring in the UN to monitor our elections. The UN that is run by 3rd world countries right now! The leader of which wants to ban all private ownership of in the USA. This should scream out an agenda, and it is not an agenda for which I can vote.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
should have read ' ...all private ownership of firearms...'

What happened to the edit feature??????????/

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
what else do you expect from a wannabe Hitler FED pos, hmm? He'd be the FIRST to sign up for the gun-cops, and he'd use YOUR ISP numbers as a place to start building his rep for catching gunowners.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
anybody RUNNING for election, WORKING for an elected official, or working for his election should be killed for lying, too. Guess how many would be LEFT? The RIGHT number of them,damned few.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts