Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all use?
I got to thinking about it after I got a wake call that beyond 550cord and the items in my sewing/repair kits I don't have much left to fill the gap.
I did like to use what some people call trot/trout, limb and bank line. I probably left out a term or two.
But anyway I used the common white 110-120lb stuff for catfish. And then when I got more into survival/ bushcraft I snagged a roll or two of some I spied in the fishing gear section of a regular Walmart or K-Mart; yes it's been that long ago.馃お
But IIRC I still have that kicking around in some of my gear
However after watching a few YouTube channels I got to noticing the black colored"bank" line. So I thought some fresh supplies would be in order
Surprised that my last trip to a Wally World yielded this:
Bottle Drink Alcoholic beverage Font Ingredient

Administrator
I have a spool of surgical thread I keep in my kit. I think it is about 3.0 size - handy for gear repairs, making smallish lashings, etc.

I also usually have a hundred feet of basic nylon cheap rope.

Now I see a trip to the mart of Wal is in my future...

Registered
After 40 years of working for the government in sections where para cord was always available I've ended up with many bits and pieces the would have ended up in the garbage, 25 yds here and 50 yds there.

Reactions: Dorobuta and BigEd

Administrator
After 40 years old working for the government in sections where para cord was always available I've ended up with many bits and pieces the would have ended up in the garbage, 25 yds here and 50 yds there.
one thing I will do with odd paracord pieces is to tie them into loops. then I can use them to make lashing points on roof-racks, branches, etc. take the loop around the tubing and through itself. now I have a handy point to attach a bungee chord, hang a hook, etc. they can also be used with tarps - thread the loop through a grommet so that the knot prevents it from pulling through. Now you can attach ropes, stakes, poles, etc.

I always grab scrap cordage if it is big enough to make a loop or lash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts