Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for many years. Man Vs Man, even. best two out of 3 tries. They'd zero their 1911's at 100 yds, and hold on the top of the head at 150 yds. Ray Chapman usually won this, going prone and taking 8 seconds or so, for the one shot he needed to get the hit.

·
Registered
549 Posts
What was the target a regular IPSC target? I assume it as if they held on the head. A 150 yard shot is a far piece.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Armand Swenson told me about this, and I gather that it mostly occured before the advent of IPSC, but the swpl target was very similar. same outline, but just a 10" "x",the restof the target all scored the same.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
swpl was holding combat pistol matches for at least 18 years before we got together in May, 1976, to set up IPSC. Jeff was the champ, overall, 1958, 1959, then guys showed up who could REALLY shoot and draw fast,and Jeff mostly dropped out of it? Did you know that old man broke his back going over the 6ft high wall of the Cooper Assault course? According to Hack, El Jefe finished the course on his hands and knees. He may not be the brightest,but he DOES have true grit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts