Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
regard for the "rules". shtf, NOBODY is going to care about the "rules", game will all be shot, run down by dogs, etc, with in a month or so of shtf. That's a fact. NOPLACE is remote enough, in the lower 48 states, at least, to keep LOTS of guys on motorcycles, snowmobiles, mountain bikes, powered boats, ski-doos, etc, from accessing it, in a VERY few days. Most of the trouble will come from your neighbors. they aint a BIT more ready for shtf than any ghetto dweller is, really. In fact, the homeboys are a LOT more familiar to doing without goodies than your "rough and tough" neighbors are, cause they've done jail time.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
andy said:
regard for the "rules". shtf, NOBODY is going to care about the "rules", game will all be shot, run down by dogs, etc, with in a month or so of shtf. That's a fact. NOPLACE is remote enough, in the lower 48 states, at least, to keep LOTS of guys on motorcycles, snowmobiles, mountain bikes, powered boats, ski-doos, etc, from accessing it, in a VERY few days. Most of the trouble will come from your neighbors. they aint a BIT more ready for shtf than any ghetto dweller is, really. In fact, the homeboys are a LOT more familiar to doing without goodies than your "rough and tough" neighbors are, cause they've done jail time.

Right. We will run out of deer and rabbits before we run out of gas for those powered vehicles. You're right, Moe. You're always Moe.

Also, since coyotes made it to the southeast US, they've done as much or more "damage" than feral dogs could. Add more feral dogs and you'll just have an increase in mortality of wild canines soon.

Soo, all of the deer will be shot out, but the dogswill be everywhere? Nobody willbe shooting wild dogs to eat even thought they are a dime a dozen, right? LOL.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dogs will get shot, but not as soon. The deer, etc will get shot at, as they flee the dogs, wounded, they will be run down by the dogs. The gas is only necessary for town folk to get out TO the woods, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>. After that, they can WALK. they will get YOUR gas, from your tractor, etc, after they kill you, along with YOUR food, etc.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Most of the dogs, like most of the people, will stay in the urban areas and the surrounding turf. Those that leave will not be even distributed. It's a big continent.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
regard for the "rules". shtf, NOBODY is going to care about the "rules", game will all be shot, run down by dogs, etc, with in a month or so of shtf. That's a fact.
No, since it has not happened yet, it is speculation. It is your opinion. Something that has not happened yet is not a fact.

andy said:
NOPLACE is remote enough, in the lower 48 states, at least, to keep LOTS of guys on motorcycles, snowmobiles, mountain bikes, powered boats, ski-doos, etc, from accessing it, in a VERY few days.
Well, it depends. While an area may be accessible, that in itself doesn't mean anyone will go there. (consider death valley, for instance - accessable but who's going to go there post shtf?) People will go to where they think they have a reason to go. Since you were planning to be on foot, now you mention mountain bikes, you will certainly be within the range of these people. (I know, you'll be able to kill them all and take their stuff :eek: )

andy said:
Most of the trouble will come from your neighbors. they aint a BIT more ready for shtf than any ghetto dweller is, really. In fact, the homeboys are a LOT more familiar to doing without goodies than your "rough and tough" neighbors are, cause they've done jail time.
It depends on who your neighbors are and how well prepared they are. Most Mormon communities won't miss a beat, being armed and well provisioned with several YEARS worth of supplies. Most rural types, at least the one's I know have plenty of suplies and would not be affected one bit. And they tend to have a lot of well-prepared neighbors too.

Most people haven't angered or insulted everyone they've met. They still have friends. People don't instantly degenerate into what you keep claiming they will. Those that do will not prosper in the long run.

People tend to really dislike murdering theives. A lot.

:devil:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i was surfing

a site that sold traps/snares ,and somewhere along it 'spun' off to a link about a guy who trapped for a living, and his greatest fear in post shtf was packs of dogs;20 to 30 ? roaming, either turned loose by owners who could no longer feed them, or the owners being deceased.

the packs, having acquired the taste of dead people[somebodys wet dream]
would not hesitate to attack, dragging down a lone individual as sport before the feed!

it was/is some thing to consider.

if anyone cares, i'm walking without crutchs now, although intense pain tends to keep me in a foul mood half the time.

thanks. :)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Glad you are able to stop using crutches. The pain means healing (or so they claim :) )

A foul mood helps when dealing with a certain troll.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
hey norther bro!

glad you understand! we'll have to have a cold beer together some day, an maybe swap recipes on loads ,or guns :cool:

thanks.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
brass hammer said:
glad you understand! we'll have to have a cold beer together some day, an maybe swap recipes on loads ,or guns :cool:

thanks.
Sounds good if I am ever in your area. I have two highschool friends in AZ. One is in MESA, super good looking lady, and one is in Pima, AZ.

I wouldn't have known that you were in pain, or a foul mood from your posts, you see to be remarkably lucid.

I hope you are getting physical therapy for the pain, and walking. The grind is eventually worth it.

My wife is getting therapy for an appliance that was surgically implanted into her spine. Pain makes the day hard for her to take too.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
thanks, STILLWATER.

this was the second operation on my 'kick starter' arch of right foot , remember TOBY in 'ROOTS' [i can relate]

thanks.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
brass hammer said:

thanks.
You betcha!

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
andy said:
...In fact, the homeboys are a LOT more familiar to doing without goodies than your "rough and tough" neighbors are, cause they've done jail time.
"doing without" in jail, generally means doing without cigarettes, low-level medications (advil when you "want it", etc), booze, or other comfort/convenience items. Being in a modern jail actually guarantees having the kinds of things that shtf likely would mean not having; shelter, heat, food, reliable water supply, electricity, etc.

"familiar with hardships", and even toughened mentally by it, yes, but not familiar with the low-tech, "country"- or "woods"-oriented lifestyle that shtf would likely impose.

Aside from mental toughness, which is very important; there's a skill set that almost all city-dwellers [and even a large percentage of country-dwellers] just don't have.

Short-term, I agree they would be a huge 'problem'. But in the longer term, are these "homeboys" going to be able to survive more than a week or two without the human contact (whether outright brigandage, sneak-thievery, attempts at trading, whatever) that is likely to be so dangerous in that situation..? Most won't.

If we're talking about nation-wide shtf, my personal opinion is that short-term, biggest problem for us in "the sticks" is displaced (read: "scared and hungry" or "desperate and armed") city people. Longer-term, problem is more likely to be more "official" in nature (blue helmets, martial law, local wannabe "feudal lords" etc).

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
u have to SURVIVE the "short term" in order to GET TO the "long term, John. the homeboys will be among the FIRST to GET assault rifles (if they don't already have them) 4 wd's, cycles,etc, and get headed-out. they RECOGNIZE trouble when they see it coming, and they wont hesitate to do what's immediately necessary to try to alleviate it as best they can, either.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Jailhouse toughs aren't going to last long when they start murdering rapeing and stealing. Even the most gentle sheeple with a gun won't hesitate to terminate them if they or their familys are threatened. This is just another self grandiose delusion of yours to count yourself in with the tough guys ... which you aren't.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
"Da homeboyz" ain't gonna last long in the woods with the real "boys". Survival in the city does NOT translate into the woods. In the city other scumbags (like you) are the primary concern. In the woods (especially the swampy woods down here) there's a lot more to worry about getting you than other humans, especially if you don't know your way around. Swamps are a bitch to navigate with a map and compass, you're dead without one. Mountains aren't much better, just different things to kill you.

No, the gangbangers might just get their "assault" weapons (although they see weapons as tools and would no doubt pick what looks kewl, over what really works, which is a good thing), and they'll plunder the city. They, like 99% of people will stick to what they know. Until FEMA deploys troops to "keep the peace" at which time your big bad homeboyz are going to be cut down, and any survivors will meekly toe the line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts