Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of people who have a bad concept if you have a gun resting at home, but there is little that I understand that people have guns, either for protection or as a hobby. Those who are responsible for collecting weapons at the time to use it and take good care of them. Speaking of caring arms, no good advice on how to care for their guns so that it will last for long. Refund of appreciation with their excellent performance and accuracy, if you take care of your gun and constantly clean, lubricate and prevent rust.

Here there is little useful information and tips for your weapon to stay longer and perform better.

Weapons have three nemesis, which are metal powder and accumulate, moisture and metal contamination. You should avoid these three. Metals accumulate dust and could affect the accuracy of their fire along with the fact that it can attract moisture, which becomes in the oxide, which is not good for your gun. The metal inlay is the greatest enemy of his weapon too. This tends to ruin the accuracy and performance of your gun and shorten its life.

A large proportion of gun owners have a bad belief about guns, but I think the gun should be cleaned and lubricated after use and before storage. The weapons must be cleaned and lubricated regularly to the performance of an ideal weapon. Your firearm has to be cleaned as often as you use it.

Cleaning your firearm is not going to take forever, just make sure that every part of it is properly cleaned and lubricated. Store in a place that is away from moisture. It is best if you have a gun cabinet where you can show your arms to gain its objective. There are types of gun cabinet materials to choose from. The oak and pine are examples, but there is more to choose from, and that can make this suit your own tastes.

It is important that a person with a firearm is responsible for both managing and taking good care of your weapon. Since weapons are not cheap, and also wants to maintain the quality of their weapons and their lifetime to go on longer than usual, be sure to clean, lubricate and store them in the right direction.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A number of people who have a bad concept if you have a gun resting at home, but there is little that I understand that people have guns, either for protection or as a hobby. Those who are responsible for collecting weapons at the time to use it and take good care of them. Speaking of caring arms, no good advice on how to care for their guns so that it will last for long. Refund of appreciation with their excellent performance and accuracy, if you take care of your gun and constantly clean, lubricate and prevent rust.

Here there is little useful information and tips for your weapon to stay longer and perform better.

Weapons have three nemesis, which are metal powder and accumulate, moisture and metal contamination. You should avoid these three. Metals accumulate dust and could affect the accuracy of their fire along with the fact that it can attract moisture, which becomes in the oxide, which is not good for your gun. The metal inlay is the greatest enemy of his weapon too. This tends to ruin the accuracy and performance of your gun and shorten its life.

A large proportion of gun owners have a bad belief about guns, but I think the gun should be cleaned and lubricated after use and before storage. The weapons must be cleaned and lubricated regularly to the performance of an ideal weapon. Your firearm has to be cleaned as often as you use it.

Cleaning your firearm is not going to take forever, just make sure that every part of it is properly cleaned and lubricated. Store in a place that is away from moisture. It is best if you have a gun cabinet where you can show your arms to gain its objective. There are types of gun cabinet materials to choose from. The oak and pine are examples, but there is more to choose from, and that can make this suit your own tastes.

It is important that a person with a firearm is responsible for both managing and taking good care of your weapon. Since weapons are not cheap, and also wants to maintain the quality of their weapons and their lifetime to go on longer than usual, be sure to clean, lubricate and store them in the right direction.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
My new mother in law is named Shirley. :) cleaning after each use has not been necessary since the advent of non corrosive priming, back in the 1950's. I understand that parts of Europe still use corrosive priming, but there's no reason for americans to be retarded about such things. Good guns can go many 1000's of rds without being cleaned, if you put a squirt or 2 of WD 40 in them every 500 rd or so. When you shoot 40k rds per year, cleaning after every session is a huge pita. At least one avid shooter that I know just removes the stocks, field strips, sets tjhe parts in vibrating vat of solvent, blows them off with an airhose, sprays on a bit of lube, asssembles, wipes down and calls it good, about once every 1000 rds. :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Some things are more based on "tradition" than current fact.

Also the environment the firearm is exposed to.

Just use common sense.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
My centerfire guns are cleaned and lubricated after shooting. Every time. Rimfires about every 200 rounds. I never use WD40 on guns. I is not really a firearms lubricant in that it evaporates quickly.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My centerfire guns are cleaned and lubricated after shooting. Every time. Rimfires about every 200 rounds. I never use WD40 on guns. I is not really a firearms lubricant in that it evaporates quickly.
WD is a Primer Killer....plus, it gums up in my experience...there are enough Firearm-specific lubricants out there

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
No WD40 on my guns, period!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts