Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and sleeping bag, total cost at least $300, totals 5 lbs and is a lot less versatile than my setup. No mylar, can't function if wet, can't become a supershelter, can't be worn as ponchos., etc.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
what is your life worth in actual dollars Melvin? For me minor costs are not a relevant consideration.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
and sleeping bag, total cost at least $300, totals 5 lbs and is a lot less versatile than my setup. No mylar, can't function if wet, can't become a supershelter, can't be worn as ponchos., etc.
Your requirements certainly are unique.

I’d put my gear up to yours in real life use.

Want to spend a week or two on the trail? I bet I’ll be more comfortable and do better with my gear than you will with yours.

It’s clear you don’t have any experience with modern gear. Your set weighs more than 5lbs.

List it all, in one place. Include the sizes of any “custom” made gear. We can calculate the weights.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I would really like to see his bug net wrappings to understand how he is using it for warmth. The way he describes stuff sounds more like imaginative speculation, than actual fact.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
For awhile he was wrapping himself up in it an stuffing it with leaves an rolls of paper towels.

Sees funny things in in the drug indused coma.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts