Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine sent me this:
I
n October, Florida became a very dangerous place, and if the National Rifle Association (NRA) gets its way, Tennessee will be next.

On October 1, the Shoot First Law went into effect in Florida, giving the people of Florida permission to use deadly force as a FIRST resort, even in a public place. The law grants sweeping criminal and civil immunity to anyone who pulls the trigger when they feel "threatened" -- and specifically denies legal recourse to innocent bystanders killed or wounded in the crossfire, even if the shooter acted negligently.

Click here to tell Governor Bredesen that "Shoot First" is a horrible policy idea for Tennessee: http://go.care2.com/65634

But the Shoot First doctrine isn't just staying in Florida -- the NRA has made no bones about the fact that it plans to export Shoot First legislation to all 50 states in 2006. This is about to become a national disgrace, and will take us back to the days of the Wild West -- unless you get involved.

Our partners at Working Assets have put together an easy way for you to tell your Governor to "Keep Shoot First out of our state" -- and we encourage you to click the link below to get this important message to Governor Bredesen.

Click here to take action with the Brady Campaign and keep "Shoot First" from becoming law in Tennessee: http://go.care2.com/65634

Thanks in advance for taking a proactive stand to stop the spread of this dangerous legislation. Together, we can make sure this law doesn't come to Tennessee next.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Young,
Care2 and ThePetitionSite team

Thank you for signing up to receive Faith and Values Alerts via ThePetitionSite or Care2 website! Your email address has not been bought from other sources. If you learned something interesting from this newsletter, please forward it to your friends, family and
Now, if you go to the site and look at the petition, you can alter it any way you want. Of course I altered it to SUPPORT the proposed legislation, changing the offensive wording as I went. Wont someone be surprised to see pro-gun messages coming from an anti-gun petition site?? :dgrin:

·
Registered
675 Posts
That was fun,... I altered it:

Florida just became a much safer state, and our state may be next.

On October 1 of this year, the "Shoot First" law went into effect in Florida, giving Floridians permission to use deadly force in public places as a first resort to counter perceived threats. In passing this legislation, Florida has moved to where citizens can protect themselves.

But the Shoot First doctrine isn't just staying in Florida -- the NRA has made no bones about the fact that it will export Shoot First legislation to all 50 states in 2006.

The Shoot First legislation is a good thing because it puts criminals on notice that they cannot threaten people or attempt to harm people without dire consequences. It makes the criminals think first about who is and isn't armed.

Governor Bredesen, please do not reject any legislation that would allow people to use deadly force. "Shoot first, immunity guaranteed" is a sound basis for public policy where one feels that their life or the life of someone else is being threatened.

Sincerely,

That was fun,...I am in Washington so it may not mean much to the Tennessee governor though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts