Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The gunclod was moderator of his own forum at Teuf's site. There were 3 hits during the entire time he was there -- and all of them were his own posts. Talk about a dead forum, gunclods was wormy and decayed.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to laugh when Teuf ADMITTED that guys have REAL trouble beyond 300m, on 17" wide, 52" marks, with 308 autos, iron sights and ball. 10" 223, scope and match ammo has ZERO problems on such marks, at 350m. :) If you are going to be STUPID, and be in open country in the daylight, you'd BETTER have a forend mounted bipod, scope, trigger job, match ammo, etc.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
I had to laugh when Teuf ADMITTED that guys have REAL trouble beyond 300m, on 17" wide, 52" marks, with 308 autos, iron sights and ball. 10" 223, scope and match ammo has ZERO problems on such marks, at 350m. :) If you are going to be STUPID, and be in open country in the daylight, you'd BETTER have a forend mounted bipod, scope, trigger job, match ammo, etc.
Hey NUTTY JOHN, are yoiu willing to prove that in Pagosa Springs? Or is this just more of you lip flapping insanity?

Put up or shut up Queeny!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
This would be the forum you don't go to anymore and don't even have the URL listed anymore right? Liar.

Second, compare apples to apples. People may have TROUBLE hitting past 300 yards with iron sighted .308s using surplus ammo, but the iron sighted 10" POScarrier with the much vaunted "GI" round, will NOT be able to hit at such ranges.

Not that Teuf's site had much for blackpowder shooting whether you were there or not.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It's a two edged sword when you have JD "stiring up some action". That action is entertaining but turns quickly into a clusterfuck of repetative post and repetative predictable replies.

I like my board just like it is, folks have a serious topic of discussion, they post it and other folks reply in a civil manner.

This winter when I have more time (I keep saying that but things havn't slowed down yet LOL) I will post more.

Just consider JD, I mannaged to get my board up in about an hour and you've been "working" on yours for nearly a year LOLOLOLOLOL

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
In fairness to "both sides..."

I noticed the traffic was a lot heavier than what it is now when GK was posting. Same with this site here. Obviously SOMEone made a post or sent and e-mail to bring other folks here ;). Did another forum close down?

On the flip hand, Teuf's site has a cool, mellow vibe. There is NO BS that I've seen going GK this and GK that, like, well, half of the posts in the recent couple days have been, probably more. If you look at the posts by the people that registered this month and how many of them are about GK, I'd be willing to wager 80% of them ARE about GK and have actually little to do about sharing firearms info (and no, the anti-GK "crusade" for public good doesn't count). Anyways, it's refreshing not to have so much drama over at Teuf's place... and not to implicate GK, for it does take at least two to tango but we've got a whole dance train going on here.

cheers

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Are you complaining?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Hmmm... now why would YOU of all people be asking that particular question? It doesn't have anything to do with... well, nevermind :D ;)

Yes, darn it, I AM complaining... that there are too few people to appreciate the grand irony of what is happening here.

I also reserve the future right to complain if the above statements need further elaboration!

cheers

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
krept said:
Hmmm... now why would YOU of all people be asking that particular question? It doesn't have anything to do with... well, nevermind :D ;)

Yes, darn it, I AM complaining... that there are too few people to appreciate the grand irony of what is happening here.

I also reserve the future right to complain if the above statements need further elaboration!

cheers
I think it's funny as hell, and I'm neck deep in it.

This site has become theraputic, I can blow off steam, get a good laugh, and actually learn at bit at the same time.

If nothing else, I've learned to be grateful for the life I have lived, and for not being so stupid as to throw it all away to make a quick buck or two.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Amen. I'm actually addicted to it, funny enough. I mean... there are other sites where I can learn about firearms, and other places where people have problems with each other but nowhere else do the two come together as finely as here.

The most hilarious part is that if this happened when Rich were actively moderating, I could see how he might have thrown up his hands and axed the site... but, just like some Taoist philosophy... he let it all go and gained a comedy of divine proportions.

The only thing that I think sucks is when someone who is friends with two people gets in between then when they argue with each other. That kind of hurts to watch from a third person perspective. Also, the death threats are kind of a bummer, too serious.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
krept said:
The most hilarious part is that if this happened when Rich were actively moderating, I could see how he might have thrown up his hands and axed the site... but, just like some Taoist philosophy... he let it all go and gained a comedy of divine proportions.
I guess my philosophy has been to try to give people what they really want. Sometimes you can't listen to what they are asking of you, but instead you have to go by what their actions are telling you.

The survival of this site depends on the people coming here, not on me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts