Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a popular myth floating around that the 1986 MG ban was a last minute add on that was rushed through with no time left on the clock. I'd like to disprove that myth now...

http://www.guncite.com/journals/hardfopa.html

Read at your leisure.

Basically in a nutshell, the House passed the amendment in the 11th hour. THEN the Senate got it later. There was plenty of time to fight the ban but the NRA threw the MG owners to the wolves. I'd like an explanation as to why and why are they lying about what happened?

The second part to this is the NFA. For many years, the BATF has maintained that the NFA database (NFRTR) is accurate and without problems. Well, a while back, Rep. Jim Gibbons requested a summary memorandum from the Congressional Research Staff on the NFRTR. It was authorized for release by the Congressman about three weeks ago. I have a copy of this document and it has been forwarded to interested parties that will be hosting it on the net.

Again, in a nutshell, the BATF has lied and the proof is in writing now. The NFRTR database is not even close to being accurate and every single conviction relating to the NFA is in question.

I've sent a copy of this document to certain organizations that will take up the legal fight and I've sent it to key members in Congress for their attention. This document is very damning in it's evidence and it also shows without any question that the Busey situation was covered up and explained away.

I've made certain that this is going to blow up in the faces of the people that have abused the NFRTR, covered up errors, covered up lies, and I intend on getting this document to every person convicted of an NFA related crime in the past 20 years. Every current case involving the NFA will get a copy of this document as well and I intend on making sure that every future case gets a copy too.

The document also raises the question of misappropriation of funds by the BATF and illegal NFRTR transactions and accesses.

The OIG is preparing a line item audit of the NFRTR database. I've already requested an unmodified copy of the results of this audit when it comes out. Basically, the BATF's deliberate lying and destruction of documents and dishonesty is about to bite them in the ass. This has been a long time in the coming and it's gained a lot of momentum. The BATF did it to themselves and they will reap what they have sown. The only acceptable solution at this point is a repeal of the 1986 MG ban and a repeal of the 1934 NFA. It is glaringly obvious that the BATF has mismanaged the NFRTR and abused the purpose of the information.

Mike

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
every single conviction relating to the NFA is in question.
I don't get the jump to this part, can you explain it a little more? Unfortunately, I think with the way power has been consolidated, one fell swoop of a pen could simultaneously wipe out old legislation while reenacting a newer version.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Without a Fight

.Quote:
There was plenty of time to fight the ban but the NRA threw the MG owners to the wolves

Who determined,on what grounds, and is there actual documentation that the N.R.A. truly " threw them to the wolves " without so much as a fight?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The NRA has turned it's back on the true meaning of the 2nd Amend. so many times I'll never be a member and hell will freeze over before they get one penny from me.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
BigEd63 said:
The NRA has turned it's back on the true meaning of the 2nd Amend. so many times I'll never be a member and hell will freeze over before they get one penny from me.
I've actually wondered if the NRA is really funded in part by anti-gun organizations (or an anti-gun .gov agenda). They compromise ourselves to death so much that I think it might actually be a way to funnel MUCH of our money and efforts into an organization that REALLY isn't there to HELP us. Think about that in light of the NRA's help writing the GCA68, their statement that there is no reason for an Amewrican to own an AK47, etc. I might be a little paranoid, but my possible conclusion DOES fit the data pretty well. :(

I always tell people to send the money to the JPFO or GOA first and only THEN join the NRA if they want to send out MORE money than that!

It was almost fnny the way the JPFO and GOA sent out emails about the horrible new law requiring handguns to be sold with trigger locks (they fear something like the seatbelt laws where it will soon be REQUIRED that we actually use them, too) since it is a baby-step towards something worse AND a new "tax" on gun prices. The NRA said just the opposite that it didn't/couldn't hurt us since most guns already came with them. Compromising ourselves to death again....

I hate the NRA. They might be one of the worse things to ever happen to gun owners.
KJ

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
krept said:
I don't get the jump to this part, can you explain it a little more? Unfortunately, I think with the way power has been consolidated, one fell swoop of a pen could simultaneously wipe out old legislation while reenacting a newer version.
The BATF uses this line quite often in their prosecution efforts...

"The firearm in question is not shown to be in the NFRTR database. We have no record of this firearm. It is contraband."

If the database is inaccurate, then the question of the validity of that statement comes to light and it cannot be used as evidence in court. This means that their one bit of proof is inadmissable due to the fact that the database has errors in it. Hence, they have no solid case and without solid proof, the person in question should not be convicted unless the system is THAT corrupt.

Here is the crux of the problem for the BATF and this is what they fear the most, and this is what I am working on making into their worse nightmare...

If a person is proven innocent in court on NFA violation charges due to inaccuracy of the database, what then? The firearm in question is returned? If not, is it destroyed anyway? The BATF would become very liable for the destruction of legal personal property. So, they will most likely return it and add it to the database. By doing so, they violate Federal Law. This effectively nullifies the 86 MG ban AND opens the door to repealing that offensive crap. This is why the BATF fears an amnesty or repeal of the ban. Their conviction rate would go way down and the jack booted thugs would have to find other work. They don't want to go down that road.

However, due to their BS over the last two decades, that is exactly the road they have set themselves upon. Were I in their shoes, I'd quit fighting a repeal of the 86 ban, and actually encourage it. Then I would expand the NFA branch to cover the coming influx of registrations and transfer the jack boots over to that branch as long as they behaved themselves. In the end, that move may, save the NFA act for them. If they keep fighting the tide and allowing the database to remain screwed up, the NFA is going to go away too.

I've already spoken to some senior members in Congress and with the document I have (posted here: http://www.nfaoa.org/documents/CRSmemoNFRTR0001.pdf ) they see the need to repeal the 86 ban (since an amnesty is, in the words of the BATF, not wise) and several have questioned the usefulness of the NFA.

Vengence is sweet... I'm enjoying this quite a lot.

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Doesnt seem like anyone posts around here very much. I was just curious if anything you are working on has come to anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts