Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rated at 10% above the power (read: pressure and recoil) of the .357Sig round.

So, not only is it pretty much a cartridge that is practically extinct, having gone the way of the Dodo Bird and the Gyrojet pistol, BUT, what 'genius' would think to rechamber a pistol like the Star BM for it when that very pistol is considered inadequate and unsafe even for the +P loads in it's original 9mm caliber?

Not only is such a person too cheap to buy a better weapon for such a logistically silly conversion, but such a choice reveals a lack connection with the real world, plus a lack of experience.

Meanwhile the Makarov keeps on ticking like a Timex :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,279 Posts
mrostov said:
Not only is such a person too cheap to buy a better weapon for such a logistically silly conversion, but such a choice reveals a lack connection with the real world, plus a lack of experience.

Meanwhile the Makarov keeps on ticking like a Timex :)
:bow01: :bow01: :bow01: :bow01: :bow01:

Well said Mike.

RIKA :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,890 Posts
mrostov said:
Not only is such a person too cheap to buy a better weapon for such a logistically silly conversion, but such a choice reveals a lack connection with the real world, plus a lack of experience.

Be careful now. You know he's accused us of being cheap because we won't buy a Star Bowel Movement and then put the "$900 neccessary into it to get SUPER-SPEED capability".

:roflmao1: :laugh01: :roflmao1: :laugh01: :roflmao1:


Ludicrous speed Mr Sulu!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,700 Posts
Please keep in mind, when you buy your firearms from your local hooker, you have little selection. Plus we just don't have the fantasies of some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
The .357 SIG is a mich more practical and logical chouce.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get a .40 caliber Glock, and then simply get a factory .357Sig barrel, an aftermarket 9x19mm barrel, a .22LR adapter kit, and it'll all work like a champ without 10,000 hours of 'gunsmithing' (cobbling/hacking/grinding) and it'll even handle the loads required, unlike a Star BM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but did anyone besides the Smith & Wesson Performance Center ever chamber a pistol for this round?

I remember reading about the round & the gun just before I left the hobby years ago.It seemed,like the 9x23 Dillon,to be a very specific,competition round.Not something that the lay shooter would likely carry.Too much blast on both ends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
rated at 10% above the power (read: pressure and recoil) of the .357Sig round.

So, not only is it pretty much a cartridge that is practically extinct, having gone the way of the Dodo Bird and the Gyrojet pistol, BUT, what 'genius' would think to rechamber a pistol like the Star BM for it when that very pistol is considered inadequate and unsafe even for the +P loads in it's original 9mm caliber?

Not only is such a person too cheap to buy a better weapon for such a logistically silly conversion, but such a choice reveals a lack connection with the real world, plus a lack of experience.

Meanwhile the Makarov keeps on ticking like a Timex :)
Only NUTTY JOHN, who considers himself a gunsmith, (Gunschmuck?) would consider chambering a piece of crap, like the Star BM, for anything other than a factory chambering. Said factory chamberings, being borderline anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,700 Posts
Can you get a 1911 in .357 Sig??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,117 Posts
u don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. U've never even HELD a 356, much less shot it, and you don't know crap about the Star, either. 55 grs at 2200 fps recoils like 9mm ball, dumbass, and there's no need to shoot such loads much, or that gun much, since it handles very much like the 9mm Lw Commander. Tell you what, punk. YOu can wear your dumbassed thigh rig, openly, WITHOUT the security strap. I"ll start hand in pocket, and you can draw FIRST. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Stupekid, I DO know about the STAR BM. It is NOT rated for Plus P 9mm. Recoil has nothing to do with it dumbass. It's PRESSURE. I guess with your little dick you don't know what pressure is, do you?

Keeping your hand in your pocket again, right? Takes a real pussy to be like that.

For the rest of you guys, Colt makes a Defender in .40 (or used to). You can get Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel and 'vola' you have your .357 Sig pocket rocket. Of course, this is to simple for stupekid to understand. He has to dream up some POS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
356 TSW

Think I'll stick with the Sig 229/.40 Cal. with a factory drop in barrel in .357 Sig. Don't know anything about a 356 TSW, we used to chamber .38-45's in 1911 platforms for cheap thrills. Haven't reloaded for wildcats in a long time and would be afraid to use one in a shtf situation due to exposure to civil liability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
andy said:
u don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. U've never even HELD a 356, much less shot it, and you don't know crap about the Star, either. 55 grs at 2200 fps recoils like 9mm ball, dumbass, and there's no need to shoot such loads much, or that gun much, since it handles very much like the 9mm Lw Commander. Tell you what, punk. YOu can wear your dumbassed thigh rig, openly, WITHOUT the security strap. I"ll start hand in pocket, and you can draw FIRST. :)
The children are asleep with visions of sugarplumbs and 356 TSWs dancing in their dreams.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Be careful now. You know he's accused us of being cheap because we won't buy a Star Bowel Movement and then put the "$900 neccessary into it to get SUPER-SPEED capability".

:roflmao1: :laugh01: :roflmao1: :laugh01: :roflmao1:


Ludicrous speed Mr Sulu!
A STAR BOWEL MOVEMENT (BM) -- nutty john is going to hate you. Everyone will use that phrase from now on. -- I love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Hardball, I think you CAN get a .357Sig 1911,or ay least a conversion barrel for the .40's.....any here look into some work on a Paraordinance P16??....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
andy said:
u don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. U've never even HELD a 356, much less shot it, and you don't know crap about the Star, either.
Actually I've held a .356TSW, rare, extinct thing that it is. You see, I wasn't in prison like you were when it came out. I was in Arizona, a gun-nut's paradise if there ever was one when it comes to gear available, loose gun laws, and places to shoot. When Class III weapon fanatics die and go heaven, they come to Arizona.

The .356TSW is just another cartridge that's a bit hot, BFD. The 10mm auto with full strength loads smokes it and you could get a variety of real pistols chambered for it, and generally still can. You can also buy ammo for the 10mm at any gun store.

Too bad you were out of circulation when some of the most interesting and innovative times ever fell upon the gun scene in the USA. There was a lot of cool stuff, and, quite frankly, the .356TSW was just a minorly interesting blip on the radar screen. There was a lot of other stuff that was way cooler and far more outstanding.

You try finding ammo for that bitch, it's all custom order reloading components - if you can find it in stock. It's not a bad cartridge, even Massad Ayoob liked it, but it's DEAD, NADA, NO MAS SENIOR, HASTALAVISTA BABY, ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.

Only a complete whacko would advocate an extinct round like the .356TSW when you can buy .357 Sig at Walmart.

It must have really just blew your fuse when you finally got out of the slam and you found out that your new wunder-round had already come and gone.

Actually, I know quite a bit about Star pistols. The Star BM is an OK budget gun. Just don't fire hot loads out of it, don't dry fire it without a snap-cap, and don't drop it on concrete with a round in the chamber.

BTW: I have seen pistols undergo catastrophic failures. There's daring, and there's stupid. Re-chambering the Star BM for .356 TSW is just plain stupid when there are real pistols that can actually handle the round. For every dollar you'll save on hardware, you'll spend $1000 on doctor bills for your face and hand.

andy said:
Tell you what, punk. YOu can wear your dumbassed thigh rig, openly, WITHOUT the security strap. I"ll start hand in pocket, and you can draw FIRST. :)
You mean my thigh rig where the pistol grip naturally sits right where the palm of my hand naturally rests at my side?

OH, I see, you want to cheat by already having your hand in your pocket, gripping what's there, supposedly where your pistol is....

So, you walk around with your hand in your front pocket all of the time, just waiting for the right moment to fire off a load?

Not only does your pants pocket carry really suck, but it's horrid for any real activity, except for maybe hanging out on the corner, trying to look cool while being lazy and shabbily dressed as a gangbanger, maybe waiting to make a drug deal.

You also cannot wear a real backpack while carrying a pistol like that - unless you like trying to hike with your pants hanging low, rapper style, with your ass hanging out.

Try it sometime, but first you'll have to buy some real gear. After you FINALLY get some REAL gear, you'll find that with a real, serious backpack, your options of pistol carry are mainly thigh and shoulder/chest carry options.

BTW: Do you know why all of the Ranger, SF, SWAT types, etc, like to wear high quality thigh rigs?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top