Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably not fair of me to comment on this pistol, since I have only fired one, but the experience was memorable. A friend and co-worker of mine in the middle '70's, (private industry, before I entered Federal Service) had purchased a brand new Star .380, and knowing my interest in firearms, invited me to a local indoor range for some shooting. We got adjacent booths and he handed me his Star. I put a magazine in, chambered a round, and took up a solid Weaver and squeezed the trigger at a 21 foot Colt silhoutte target. And squeezed, and squeezed. Nothing. When I let go the gun fired. Wow! I unloaded it and handed it back to my friend and said something was wrong with it. His feelings were hurt, naturally, and he reloaded and started firing. On the third shot the whole upper works were launched downrange. That's right. The slide, bushing and recoil spring. I will never, ever forget the look on his face as he stood there with the receiver in his hand. I was laughing so hard (I'm Going To Hell) I had to leave the range. I know it's not fair to judge a pistol on one bad performance, but no way would I buy one.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Terry, the LLamas today are even worse. I won't buy any of the older spanish guns. Now the Star BM is a fun plinker, but that is about it. And maybe the Astra 600 would also be a good plinker (ugly, but good.)

Of all the surplus guns and foreign guns the Mak wins hands down. And I would like one day to get one of those Polish Torkov pistols. They are real Torkov's with no saftey lever like the Norco ones have.

But alot of spanish guns I stay away from.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
See Terry, that's because the stoop didn't have it rechambered to the .392 Lipsplitter and load it with a 3.5 grain bullet of cast iron construction with an 0.023 hole drilled 86.7% of the way through over 62 grains of bullseye. Anyone knows this is the real deal when it comes to loading the Star .380s. Don't listen to these lazy, incompetant stoops that tell you it'll overpressure the gun either, they've never tried it. I used to make 14 of these every 3 hours and sell them to Romanian midgets on the run from the circus for $3700 when I had my machine shop set up in my van that I lived in down by the river. That was before some punks stole all 4 tires, my battery and the #6 piston out while I was sleeping. Boy are they lucky, they had no idea I had my tricked out 4" AR-15 with the .577 Tyrannosaur upper on it, loaded with my patented split-tail styrofoam AP bullets, that get 445622fps, even with the 'can on it. They would have been in a world of hurt, they would have.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were firing a .380 "squeeze" round, patterned after the WWII German 28MM to 20MM anti-tank round that increased velocity by starting the round at 28MM and reducing the barrel to 20MM. In our case, it was .380 down to .17 Caliber with a velocity of 4600 megaherts. After we recovered the slide and spring and bushing it fired extremely well for the next shot. The plate in my friends head is not really that large, and I can feed myself quite nicely lapping up my food from my tray. My doctors say my mental faculties aren't impaired at all. all.all.all.all..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts