Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1900 fps, 78 gr .45 variant is 2200 fps from a carbine barrel. simple blowback carbine, take note. So the pressures can't be very high.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Melvin, I can well imagine that this "wonder ammo" is a little hard on the wallet. In the real world you can't "Buy points" to stay alive. I stick to the ammo that I shoot in practice and in competition, thank you.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I'll keep this stuff in mind if the cast of Veggie Tales ever tried to overthrow the country.🙄

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
I can build 1,000 rds of .45 acp, that would work for self defence in a WROL scenario for $200 (Cdn). How much is this for a box of 25?

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
the 50 gr 9mm version is AP from a pistol 1900 fps
Roughly 400 ft/lbs, from a 1911-size gun. Good, but not anything earth-shattering.

78 gr .45 variant is 2200 fps from a carbine barrel.
That's good power, but since we're talking about a carbine, it's (again) not anything groundbreaking or earth-shattering. It's less than a typical .30 carbine load (that you so often scorn), for that matter. Even some 9mm loads hit 700 ft/lbs from a carbine, and I know that at least one substantially exceeds it.

The fact that it hits that power level from a carbine says more about what a carbine-length barrel can do for a load, than it does about the load itself. I've praised handgun-caliber carbines for years now, and you've always insulted them. Good to see you finally coming around & realizing what they're really capable of.

...simple blowback carbine, take note. So the pressures can't be very high.
????

Maximum pressure for this load is 23k PSI, just as it is for any .45acp +P load. Pressure limits are mandated and limited by industry standards that all manufacturers adhere to. They are not suggestions and they're not up for negotiation. They are written and specific.

Reactions: BigEd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts