Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can only speak from[1] first hand personal experiance
i was hit with a .223 in l/ankle a glancing/oblique 'blow' [from front to back,o.k.]

all i can say is it hurts like hell!

once the blind shock of knowing 'something ain't right' [your C.P.U.]

kicks in and 'localizes' it .

the "iceburg numdness" is a blessing[ it feels like a full swing from a 5lb. sledge, when the projo hits bone!]

once the numbness recedes[ha] then you got the pain[and i do mean PAIN]
[bullets kinda burn thier way through,much 'cleaner than a knife/sharp stick]

my "burn" left a canal gouged[and bullet fragments] in me!

hell, every time i seek medical, and a ex-ray/m.r.i. is preformed
i have to explain to a uniformed law enforcement OFFICER why i'm 'wearin' it!

i'm lucky it was to far away from my heart,an it wouldn't have fazzed me if in the head[that was the joke!]

but knowing from my experiance, a projo to the brain-pan[c.p.u.]

it's lights out[you wont know a freakin' thing]

the bleeding will always seep[at least mine did, then swell-up bad]

just thought i'd share, amonkst my fellow commandos!

and [1] of these days [if/when the stars/moon is right]

i'll SHARE a story that was really bad[and yes it's a no shit ,it happened to me]

thanks.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'm glad that it was only a minor wound Brass. At least you're okay now. The part about having to explain your scar to a cop every time you are checked sucks. I wonder if Vets who have wound scars have to go through that crap too.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
I'm glad that it was only a minor wound Brass. At least you're okay now. The part about having to explain your scar to a cop every time you are checked sucks. I wonder if Vets who have wound scars have to go through that crap too.

RIKA
RIKA, you should hear the questions that former cancer patients get.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
naw, 223's have no power, just ask garnad

he'll tell you all about how they just bounce off of real men.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
Stop the attacks John and you won't be attacked back.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Andy this is a thread wher eyou should actually be able to contribute somthing useful for a change.

Tell us all about that time you shot yoruself in the big toe and hwo it felt.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Thankfully I have avoided the experience of being shot. Unfortunately I didn't miss the experience of being knifed while I was serving in the Middle East. It was equally unpleasant. Gunkid, you just proved once again how stupid you are.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
NUTTY JOHN, if Garand said that bullets bounce off of real men, it's a cinch they wouldn't bounce off of you. Why? You're not a man.

You're in a stage of arrested development, you haven't even advanced to the mental acuity of a teenager yet. And, it is sure that yo won't ever develop the mentality of an adult.

Damn, 54 years old, and you still run around acting like a SNOTTY NOSED KID.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
Stop the attacks John and you won't be attacked back.

RIKA
On second thought, the above post is too literate for NUTTY JOHN, that must be his loving wife, NUTTY PAT, posting as NUTTY JOHN, using his screen name again.

HI, PAT :nyah:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
hey profit how are you and the realestate scam going.

BTW I have talked to the state board of realtors and the CBI aregarding you and that fat fuck ex con hubby of yours.

How's the paranoid dimensia treating you these days?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Make a long story short...

I have never been shot. But I have seen the results.
Lost an employee to a murder/suicice, right outside my business.
Weapon used was a 12 pump.

The MF that shot her put the barrel under his chin and fired. I was really afraid what I would find. I was the first on the scene to check the bodies.

I have seen panic and what it does. It ain't pretty. Even my reactions were odd. I was able to function, but I was PISSED. God help anyone that got in my face, bad things would have happened to them.

FIghting this type of reaction and panic will be necessary when shtf, wether it happens locally or nationally. Dealing with people in a panic is NOT easy.

That was the one time in my life I was mad enough to kill.

Its one thing to talk like the tard, planning in his own mind what he will do. The reality will be very different.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
andy only has two experiences with getting shot. One was him shooting himself in the toe and the other is getting some bull cons man seed shot up his pooper.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Oh you forgot, he shot himself in the belt buckle with a .45. . .LOLOL Yeah, right.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
The witness was killed by the richochet!!!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I've never been shot, but a few years ago on halloween, alot of us were out in the park around a fire. Someone thought it would be a good idea to throw a bomb that they had made out of a little glass medicine bottle into the bushes. Too bad for me I was in those bushes taking a leak.

Fortunately it wasnt too close and there was a fair amount of stuff between me and it, but I got a 1/2 shard of glass lodged in my forearm.

Surprisingly enough I dont particularly remember alot of pain. I'm sure I was in a great deal of it but I remember the cold shock more. I do, however remember the pain associated with getting the damn thing out. All in all, an interesting night.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have a friend who as knifed once. And like the Mustang site had, the guy had to have drugs all that night and day after. What is more even 3 months later the knife wounds hurt. He say's very sharp pains now and then.

Hint, hint.... don't get shot or knifed if you can avoid it!

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
One, self-inflicted bullet wound, back in the 1980's. (Call me an incompetent dumbass, but I at least admit it was my own fault.) And I really don’t want to get preached at, unless it’s by someone who’s never had an ND, an automobile accident, or stubbed their toe. Sometimes, we just screw up.

Single-action .22LR revolver, 5 ½ – 6” barrel, using Federal 40-grain “Hi-Power” solids. Old-west type holster/belt rig. Of course, was cocking it as drawing, and only thing I can assume is the front sight caught on the hammer loop ‘thong’ as drawing. Heard the bang, and then I was waking up on the muddy ground. Don’t know if I was out for half a second or half an hour, as I was by myself out in the woods.

Bullet went through the holster leather, blue jeans, and into my thigh, down towards my knee. No exit wound, and couldn’t bend my knee more than an inch or so, so I figured I’d screwed up myself permanently. After the half-mile-plus, half-hour-plus walk back to the house (where I promptly got yelled at for getting mud on the floor… :( ), my wife drove me to the ER. Turned out, the bullet fish-hooked in to the left, and had almost exited; you could actually see the small lump the bullet made under the skin once the x-ray showed us where it was. Small incision, pulled the bullet, and three stitches; that was all. No permanent damage, but a scary couple hours thinking there was. It was “only” a .22, and I’m fairly good-sized; so it made me respect even the “mouse-gun” calibers much more after that.

Hurt like a ring-tailed bitch.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Been shot at (as in deliberately aimed fire), but never actually shot...

:devil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts