Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a response to the thread: The Old Fakeroo - GunKid Unleashed... I placed it here in a new thread because it does not deal solely with GunKid or his being a fake but rather addresses a much broader issue that is of enough importance as to deserve its own thread.

In that other thread, someone said the following (it does not matter who said it, because it is the sentiment of many of you):

9055 said:
This forum is getting good. :laugh01: Usually by this time GK is banned from any other forum.
Do any of you really think that crap like this whole debacle centering on your hatred of GK is truly good? This whole mess (and yes I mean the whole anti-GK mess in general on this site) is one of the most childish of things I have ever seen on any web site that covers firearms. When I say childish I do not simply mean on GK's part either. You guys are apparently trying to make this site into one of the laughing stocks of the firearms forum sites! That is a shame. Rich Z has paid out a hefty expense to offer up a site wherein there could have been some intelligent conservations about arms interests. Instead though, many of you came to this site apparently with only one mission in mind, the harassment of GunKid. By your own admissions, many of you followed him here to pester him. Now granted, he may be one of the biggest pains in the butt on the whole Internet, or certainly at least on some firearms related forums, but your (those of you who constantly harass him) antics here are really none the more excusable than are his.

I have often wondered why you have been doing it, and my guess is because most of you are rather immature. Sure we can all act immature at times, but as I see it your derogatory posts regarding GK are constant, as are his derogatory posts aimed at almost everyone. Yet I think that beyond the immaturity there may also be another reason for some of you to be here ruining what could have been a great site. That reason being that some of you have an agenda to deflate other sites so as to keep afloat your own sacred site, or at least to keep alive your clique from another firearms/survival related site and or anti GK groupies at anyone's expense. Of course I could be wrong about that, but none of you has come close to proving that belief wrong. Instead you and your posts tend to support my hypothesis.

I keep hearing calls for more mature posts. Well why not just put GK on your ignore list and then start posting a better caliber of posts? The fact seems to be that you cannot ignore GK and his posts, but rather that most of you crave seeing them, and even more so you crave responding to them. That is truly sad, especially for the sake of this site, and for the sake of your own credentials when you post what you would have others believe is a finer caliber of post.

There is more than one fakeroo going on at Armslocker, and more than one fake using these boards. The real fakers are among us but that should be easy enough to change by simply posting a better caliber of posts.

Sincerely,
Glenn B

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Good stuff Glenn.

I think some people rationalize their battle with GK by seeing it as a crusade to save the uninformed against his corruption. Guess we should be more like them? ;)

everyone's cool in my book, and I have learned from many people here. if I have to wade through a puddle of BS to find a couple gems, it's worth it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
cause they dont KNOW enough to post anything, that's why

Anything that they know that amounts to a crap, they learned from ME. That's why they follow me everywhere. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Glenn, while I agree with you to perhaps a large extent there is another side to the story. Ron Ankeny has been here for only a few days - certainly didn't follow Gunkid - and here is what he says as an impartial observer.

"I have only been here a few days and I am really trying to be nice to andy. I won't say he is lying or uninformed, but he sure leaves me scratching my head. ....

Even when I try to be nice and discuss shooting in a rationale fashion, I am treated like the town idiot, or with contempt, or I am personally attacked. It's very hard to treat andy with dignity and respect, and even more difficult to ignore him.

It might be easy for you to ignore gunkid's enthusiastic endorsement of cannibalism, killing people for their food or kit, poisoning innocent people, killing childrens pet dogs, etc etc. Not to mention unsafe loading practices, helpful hints for committing firearms crimes and the glorification of the criminal lifestyle. I'm sure that all of those should go uncommented on, right? Well some of us feel that it is necessary to differ with andy/gunkid in no uncertain terms.

*** A question for you Glenn. How many times have you seen us comment favorably when GK made an intelligent post. How many times have we told him that if he would just act like a human being that he would be treated with dignity and respect?

Now as to your statement: Yet I think that beyond the immaturity there may also be another reason for some of you to be here ruining what could have been a great site. That reason being that some of you have an agenda to deflate other sites so as to keep afloat your own sacred site, or at least to keep alive your clique from another firearms/survival related site and or anti GK groupies at anyone's expense.

This IMO is a completely unfounded and unwarranted attack on what is almost all a fine group of people. If you really believe what you said then I suggest you take a very close look in that mirror of yours because you are living in your own alternate reality. Post proof of your statements if you can.

In closing, the people here aren't perfect nor am I but we are not nearly as bad as you paint us to be. You completely ignore the suggestions that were made to Rich (not to include banning GK which I myself did not want) and seem to want to view things in your narrow little view. Open your eyes and try to see the large picture.

By the way, I post this as an open adult response to your comments and not as a personal attack on you.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
JOKE

;)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'm feeling intellectually challenged after all that writing. Please explain your joke.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Hey now, I explained the last one on the pissing duel, so I can't keep giving this stuff away. :)

Little more serious:

How many times have you seen us comment favorably when GK made an intelligent post.
I think you are one of the ones that have done this more than the most (in my observations since I've been here) and IIRC it was 3 times?

One other person that might qualify in the "us" group (by you saying "have you seen US comment..." I'm referring to the people that can be painted, or choose to be painted by Glenn's wide brushstroke) I think responded to him favorably one time. I remember the majority were prefaced by "see if you can just act normal..." or "well for ONCE that was a good..."

How many times have we told him that if he would just act like a human being that he would be treated with dignity and respect?
I realize that to many people, acting like a human being is a prerequisite for being treated with dignity and respect. That is common behavior and nothing to be defensive ;) about.

IF the collective "you" (those painted by Glenn's brush) truly feel andy has mental problems, it's a real problem. It's the same mentality as making fun of the kids on the short bus. Right? Real cool, but hey, again... fairly common.

Just let me know if I'm steppin on toes; I come to converse and learn, not make enemies. I'll jet, jet, jet if I'm a PITA. :)

cheers

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Krept says, "Just let me know if I'm steppin on toes; I come to converse and learn, not make enemies. I'll jet, jet, jet if I'm a PITA. "

Erik ... don't know why I like that name :) ... you have always conducted yourself as a rational gentleman even in those rare times when we disagreed. This is the way things should be. You're okay with me.

I will be interested to read Glenn's response to my comments as they weren't meant to be mean or hurtful.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
andy said:
Anything that they know that amounts to a crap, they learned from ME. That's why they follow me everywhere. :)
While I usually end up on the CAR-15 bandwagon and lumped in with you on that, I didn't "learn" it from you. I've been carrying a CAR since the 1980's; very posibly before Al Gore invented the internet. :) The CAR's a very good platform. If we agree the sky is blue, it doesn't mean I 'learned it' from you.

The "can" (which I've adopted), you've preached for years, but it wasn't until using a co-worker's suppressed (Norell) Ruger 10-22 that I started actively researching units for the AR platform.

You did influence me on the .22 unit, as did MRostov; one of the few times on the net you and he can claim "team-mate" status. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
When I barged on the scene with gums a flapping I had no idea what was going on around here. I could see the forum was a mess and like a knot head I jumped right in. I assumed (incorrectly) that the troubles with andy were fairly new. When it became apparant to me that the owner of the site was not taking corrective actions, I once again shot off my big mouth and said I was leaving. Rich Z replied that I was part of the problem, blah, blah, blah.

Well, now tht I have been here for a while I can see the problem with andy has been chronic and it has gone unchecked for quite some time. Face it guys, andy is an Internet troll of the highest order. His specialty is raising hate and discontent. He thrives on controversy and he will do and say anything to pick a virtual fight. Rich Z is allowing that behavior to run unchecked and he is reaping the rewards.

Andy is not mentally healthy and we all know that. He exhibits criminal thinking at every turn, and he has a propensity for unhealthy thoughts including violence towards forum members. Is it little wonder that people who have given their entire adult lives in an effort to keep society safe from people like andy are repulsed and outraged?

Here's an e-mail that I received from andy. Each of you read the message and decide for yourselves.

"I put up with a certain amount of crap, but when guys insult me personally, or insult my intelligence, and the guys that chime in to back UP their bs, I tell them what I think of them. Lots of guys know the facts, but they are just too nice to say what's what. I aint. :) I listened to hundreds of ignorant liars, in Fed Prisons, every day, for 13 years, and I will meet anybody, in PERSON, any time, if they will just bring enough cash to make it worth my while, to break parole, and go on the run. :) "That amount of $ is about $50k, right now, but I can get agitated enough to d! o it for $10k, at times, in
order to stomp or shoot some real jerk, like so MANY have coming to them, for the way they've talked to ME. "

Yeah, andy wants to muder those forum members who disagree with him and have engaged in verbal banter.

I replied:

"You sound like you could stick a pistol in someone's ear and pull the trigger without remorse. That's pretty harsh."

andy's reply was, "Well, I'd regret having to clean the crud off of my gun."

You decide if that is the type of person you want absolutely dominating this forum. Apparantly Rich Z has no problem letting the guy run amok.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Ankeny said:
Rich Z is allowing that behavior to run unchecked and he is reaping the rewards.
Rewards? Such as what? Name a single reward, even one. Since you claim there are more than one, this should be a snap to do.

Ankeny said:
You decide if that is the type of person you want absolutely dominating this forum. Apparantly Rich Z has no problem letting the guy run amok.
Actually, I am letting you all run amok. Gunkid and gunkid bashers alike. I tried the moderation route, which would have been simple if andy/223fan/gunkid/John Davis were the only posting in a problemmatical fashion, but the bashers were just as bad, perhaps more, then gunkid was himself.

So what did that tell me? You all WANT it to be like that here! So who am I to argue and deny you what you all apparently want? Why should I (and a few moderators) constantly work at trying to keep you all in line? And then I got some of the bashers get incensed because the moderation wasn't as one way as they had hoped, and were obviously SHOCKED that the rules applied to them as well.

So run amok, people. And yeah, blame ME for the way you all act. That's certainly a sane way of looking at things.
I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF AND NO ONE STOPPED ME!!!
:noevil:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
but the bashers were just as bad, perhaps more, then gunkid was himself.
So now we have observations similar to Glenn's from Rich and Gun Crazy JR, maybe another? Is this an isolation delusion?

See, since the moderation changed, andy has been doing what he's always done... the difference is, you see the actual word instead of "****." But the posts of a handful of others have taken a downturn proportionally... e.g. if they were posting 75% on "topic" before, now it's like 25% on topic and the remainder are posts solely about... gunkid!

If he had his own forum away from this place that allowed anyone to view and join, it would be totally devoid, correct? Well, what's up with this then?

http://www.patriotnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=86

:)

Is it part of the "crusade" against a man they claim to be pretentious, saving the uninformed from a dismal life of subservience? Just asking... because for those who wish him gone for good, it doesn't make sense to follow and verbally chastize him on his own turf, now does it?

anyone?...

I realize this isn't the best way to make friends, but... I mean, jeez... I'm just trying to make 1+2 = 3 here.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Krept, I think you misunderstand the idea behind the GK forum. He'd be free to be himself and those that wanted to engage him would be free to do so.

Those that chose NOT to be involved, would be spared all the nonsense.

It would not be devoid of posts, it would just hold all the tainted posts.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
the crybaby pos's have ALWAYS gotten their way, at every OTHER site on the Net, Rich. So OF COURSE they expect you to just knuckle under, too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Glenn, Let me clarify my position since you quoted me at the beginning of this thread. I meant that it was 'getting good' in the sense that GK's posts are so outlandish that they are just outright funny. I don't reply to his posts because I've spent the last 30 years putting guys like him away, so why would I want to engage him in conversation here? I'm sure others have reasons for challenging him and that's fine.

Just wanted to clear that up. :)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Aslan, thanks for clearing that up. I recently learned of the forum but I don't follow it nor do I know of it's history.

Don't you find it ironic, however, that if you take out the "general forum," his forum has more posts (25724) than the other forums do combined (25457)? That makes it seem to me that people REALLY want to engage him as you said, which tends to reinforce the fact that it is a two way street, ergo reinforcing what Rich, Glenn and GC Jr. have implied.

I think. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Rich Z:

The reward I am speaking of is the mess you are in now. In this case, "rewards" carries a negative connotation.

Rich, this forum is of your creation and only you, and your moderators, have the power to clean it up. If you want your home on the net to be a decent place for people to visit, you need to take the trash out and keep the house orderly. Until you are willing to do that you need to live with the results.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Tell ya how to clean it up, Rich. Get rid of the pos's who do nothing but post crap about ME, and presto, you've still got 99% of the gun topics and posts, and you got rid of the turds.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Krept - yup. I am looking at this from an objective point of view, and what I see just smells real bad. Stillwater and gang are just chewing nails that I won't submit to their demands in how I run my site. So they feel that they will fullfill their own prophecy by trying to make it happen themselves.

As I mentioned earlier, that's like an arsonist predicting that a house is going to burn down right before he tosses the match to it himself.

When I moderate, I do it fairly and across the board. NOT the way some people here wanted it to be, solely applied to Andy. Tough noogies. Now you have NO moderation at all, and may the force be with you.

Maybe Andy would like to be the moderator here? Wouldn't that turn the tables? Maybe one day I'll think about doing that. I would really like to see how Andy would handle himself if he had the responsibility, and authority, of keeping the peace on this forum. Now wouldn't that be a horse of a different color? :nyah:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Ankeny said:
Rich Z:

The reward I am speaking of is the mess you are in now. In this case, "rewards" carries a negative connotation.

Rich, this forum is of your creation and only you, and your moderators, have the power to clean it up. If you want your home on the net to be a decent place for people to visit, you need to take the trash out and keep the house orderly. Until you are willing to do that you need to live with the results.
Ankeny - it makes absolutely NO difference to me either way. I am not in this type of business, have no axes to grind nor people to try to impress. I will NEVER be in this type of business, so there is nothing in the line of a "reputation" that I need concern myself over. I don't make a dime off of this site and really have nothing at all to lose either way with it. I put it up so I could have fun talking about guns. If it turns out that I have fun watching people making horses' asses out of themselves in public, I will STILL be having fun.

So perhaps there is a reward after all. Some people pay a lot of money for entertainment. All I have to do is sit back and watch.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts