Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,884 Posts
Well, had ol' Charlie go right overhead. Lots of rain, lightning and tornados.

We got out power back on fairly quickly, not everyone was so lucky.

Biggest thing I noticed, though, was while half the state was panicking, buying everything that the stores had, the only things I could think of to get were more "comfort" foods. Already had plenty of food, gas, charcoal, water, etc. Went to look and see what I had to pack up that wasn't in my gear, and. . . .well, couldn't think of anything. Other than the fact I'd run out of water filters after a few months, I guess my gear is straighened out, unlike some here.

Certain family members never get WHY I want all the extra stuff, or why I keep bugout gear, and especially medical gear around. Now they know, although I suspect they won't change their ways.

Ain't preparedness great?

· Registered
5,884 Posts
You're dead on Glenn. TSHTF for many people in many places all the time. Even Armegeddon will be a temporary SHTF.

We just aren't going back to the stone age, and numbnuts can't stand that. The farthest we could go back would be about the late 19th, early 20th century. And the entire planet would have to be effected simultaneously, and it'd have to be nearly instantaneous for it to go that far. There's been plenty of "society falling" SHTF scenarios that REALLY HAPPENED, most notably in the Eastern European countries, and they didn't even fall as far as most black African countries live every day.

GoonKid has no idea about TS Hing the F. None at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.