Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was pay day so I went and picked up the Swede '96 I had on layaway for almost forever. Made in 1904 with all matching number's.

Sorry about the pic but best I could do today due to the weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thats a nice M/96 Biged :bow01: looks pretty clean.. I was just lurking GB lusting over the swedes.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
This really is milsurp week. Nice swede. 6.5x55?

RIKA

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that dark fuzzy pic though is a hiding a bit of bluing wear near the muzzle and the surface dings.

But what I like is the matching #'s and that the stock and handguards fit nice and tight.

And I got to warn you guys it will be awhile before I can do a range report. I've still got reloading dies and powder but need fresh brass and 6.5 bullets.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Now you got me wanting to go out and buy one :)

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This really is milsurp week. Nice swede. 6.5x55?

RIKA
Rika-Yep 6.5x55.

You know I just remembered they made a few in other claibers but I can't recall what they were. Did they ever do a 8mm? I also recall some other round but I think the 8mm and it were 98's IIRC?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I think the Swiss used the M1870 Vetterli up until your model. The M1870/87 models were converted from 10.4mm to the 6.5 cal barrels and clip loaded magazines. 1893 Sweden adopted the 6.5x55mm cartridge. I also know they did some conversions on german G98's 8x63mm.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never new the Swedes used Swiss pattern rifles. They buy or make them under an agreement?

One book I have is a complete blank on anything Swede prior to the small ring mauser pattern though.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I never new the Swedes used Swiss pattern rifles. They buy or make them under an agreement?

One book I have is a complete blank on anything Swede prior to the small ring mauser pattern though.
Im sorry ed !!! I have K31 on the brain yet:crazy1::crazy1:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Im drawing blank on this also. Maybe they used the German Mannlicher 1888 or something like the Dutch Beaumont Vitali...?? ADD ON http://8x63swedish.pridham.ca/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts