1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida - "Assault Weapons" & Magazine Ban Filed

Monday, December 20, 2004

TO: USF & NRA Members & Friends
Unified Sportsmen of Florida Executive Director
NRA Past President

SUBJECT: SB-500

It has started !! The threat by the Brady Campaign/Million Mom Marchers to reenact the Clinton Gun Ban state by state has started with Florida. The first Gun Ban bill has been filed for the 2005 Florida Legislative Session which begins in March 2005. The bill has not been referred to committees yet. We will notify members when it has been referenced and will provide email addresses to legislators you need to contact to help fight this bill.

SB 500 - Assault Weapons/Detachable Magazine Ban by Gwen Margolis (D-Miami Beach); Would ban the manufacture, importation, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of any semi-automatic firearm defined as "assault weapons" and any detachable magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds. It would require forfeiture and confiscation of any such firearm or magazine. Further, it would require the state to destroy any such firearm within 60 days after confiscation or forfeiture. It provides immunity from prosecution if firearm is voluntarily surrendered. Otherwise, it makes a violation of the provisions of this bill a felony of the second degree (15 years in prison and $10,000 fine).

·
Registered
750 Posts
They will never quit, the only real sollution is to buy your stuff private sale and be ready to ride out what ever happens next. No excuse for not having good weapons, they aren't that expensive and are readily available.

Teuf,

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Teufelhund said:
They will never quit, the only real sollution is to buy your stuff private sale and be ready to ride out what ever happens next. No excuse for not having good weapons, they aren't that expensive and are readily available.

Teuf,
My thoughts exactly ...

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
well, on the BRIGHT SIDE! we KNOW, whom ever push's it will be a short-term flash in the pan POLITICAL LOSER come re-election! :dgrin:

to; sarah brady! :nyah: bleep

i just re-read the punishment for non-compliance[ha!] time to put my hand-grenade proto-type/trigger group plans into production[i'm thinking]

they are 'stiffer than the standard' we have IMPOSED upon us NOW!

THEY WILL JUST HAVE TO KILL ME....[those, poor,, bastards!] i'm not running
from my OWN COUNTRY![and i won't do 15 years EITHER]

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wrong Teuf... The only solution to this is NOT to buy and hide as the saying goes. The only real solution is to get politically involved and get good people elected in place of these assholes.

I know that for the most part, gun owners like to bitch and whine but refuse to do anything where their name becomes involved. Until we as a group shed this trait, we will not prevail. IF gun owners united better and got involved with the politics of the country, we wouldn't have ANY gun bans at all. But unfortunately, the most vocal ones are the nay sayers out there who would rather vote for the lesser of two evils than work on the campaigns of those who would really help us.

Mike

·
Registered
750 Posts
It's the soap box, the ballot box and the cartridge box.

I understand the legislative proccess pretty well I spent allot of my time and money lobbying for the CCW in WY. Then went back to work to gain reptroprocity with CO,MT and SD so we could carry in ajoining states.

The anti forces are never going quit and someday the "stars" will align for them and we will get an "improved" Brady. I'm not going to have my SHTF finest on any Fed list so my name pops up when I get pulled over for a brake light or something. I'm going to reserve the last effort as my suprise.

Just because you don't buy your personal weapons "by thier leave" and at thier whim doesn't mean you can't work with-in the system while it still seems to be working. In a heartbeat, the ownership of the very types of weapons our founding fathers intended for free citizens to own could be outlawed.

A free man (like a small military unit) needs the ability to shoot, move and communicate to maintain his freedom, they will only fuck with mine so far.

Teuf,

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hard Rock said:
Wrong Teuf... The only solution to this is NOT to buy and hide as the saying goes. The only real solution is to get politically involved and get good people elected in place of these assholes.

Mike
Mike, in a perfect world I would have to agree with you. Since I've been watching politics it seems that even the 'good' ones that we elect, once they get to Washington, become corrupted. Every day they are urged to compromise and eventually they give in. The immense power they wield along with the money and percs they get becomes an addiction. It seems that they say at first, "We must serve all of the people and then later they begin to think "we know whats best for you. They seem to believe that they are the masters and we are the slaves. But they always tell us what we want to hear at election time. I think our country's time is growing short and the time of bread and circuses will be no more.

RIKA

·
Registered
779 Posts
Everyone has skeletons in their closet, we have things in our pasts that we want
nobody to know about. I believe ONE reason people get corrupted when they go to Washongton is that the "powers that be" let it be known that they (politicians) will be exposed if they do not play the game. They have nothing to gain, and everything to lose if they don't play along.

As far as I know, there is only 1 congressman worthy of the title "Honorable", and it is Ron Paul, Tx.

I have ZERO faith in the political process. I have seen too much crap over my 40 years here.

The ONLY THING stopping them from totally outlawing guns, IMHO, is that they KNOW it will be a bloodbath. Not so much because we love guns for their own sake, but we KNOW what will follow gun confiscation. I personally would rather fight, and probably die, than be someones slave. I'd REALLY make a piss poor slave.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Only about 1000 men will actually go on the warpath if guns are outlawed, but fortunately, it won't take 100 such men, if they know what to do, and have the heart to do it. Once the economy is smashed, big Brother won't be ABLE to pay his jbt's. Yes, 10's of millions of the "innocent" will die so what? Why aint they screaming in the streets for M16's, and ccw, hmm? fuck them.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
yes but none of them will be a fat fuck internet commando wanna be.

Let su knwo when you start you little revolution butt pirate.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
What about the lady that you're married to andy. Are you going to leave her at home and at the mercy of robbers and murderers while you go out and play Rambo? Do you have any sense of responsibility to others at all.

RIKA

·
Registered
779 Posts
QUOTE=andy: Only about 1000 men will actually go on the warpath if guns are outlawed, but fortunately, it won't take 100 such men, if they know what to do, and have the heart to do it. I disagree. Gun owners are aan independent group, and once confiscation starts, will band together, because we know whats coming next. Once the economy is smashed, big Brother won't be ABLE to pay his jbt's. The jbt's are on a power trip, they don't do it for the money. I make a lot more as a truck driver than the vast majority of LEO's. Remember, this is tryanny. They will just take what they want.Yes, 10's of millions of the "innocent" will die so what? Why aint they screaming in the streets for M16's, and ccw, hmm? fuck them.10s of millions will die. Unfortunately, that includes loved ones. It frustrates the hell out of me that people I care about won't wake up to this. I'll keep trying, I won't just say "fuck 'em".[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"It's the soap box, the ballot box and the cartridgebox
"--Teuf

I like that!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hasher said:
yes but none of them will be a fat fuck internet commando wanna be.

Let su knwo when you start you little revolution butt pirate.
Hasher, people, like NUTTY JOHN, whom wear lace on their panties, aren't anything more than KEYBOARD COMMANDOS. Who's only aim in life is inciting others to do their dirty work.

Have you noticed how NUTTY JOHn always mentions his suppresor, always mentions CCW, always mentions shooting from ambush, always mentions hiding during the day? All these actions, are the traits of a terminal coward.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Raider said:
What about the lady that you're married to andy. Are you going to leave her at home and at the mercy of robbers and murderers while you go out and play Rambo? Do you have any sense of responsibility to others at all.

RIKA
RIKA, NUTTY JOHN won't even atempt to play RAMBO, NUTTY JOHN will be playing RAMBUTT -- always the catcher, never the pitcher.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You're right, they will never give up, and neither can we. I've heard the soap box, ballot box, ammo box saying for a long time. We are not yet at the ammo box part. Believe me, when that time comes, you'll know it.

We are currently sweeping the anti's away here in Va. They are fighting a defensive action and they are losing. We can never give up hope or the pressure.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts