Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I was driving home and looking for cheap gas. The fuel type not the Taco Bell kind.
Saw a decent price at the Murphy USA by the Walmart in Jane Missouri so I pulled in there.
Then realized I hadn't stopped in at the store in approximately 15 years.馃槼
So in I went and looked around. Then spied this camo pattern on a Real Tree synthetic jacket.
I probably needed it as much as Egypt needs more sand but the oddball camo enthusiast in me won out.
Looks almost sci-fi appearing but the tones remind me of the color of the Fall/Winter underbrush around here.
Branch Wood Sleeve Twig Trunk

Registered
Realistic camo is always a good buy, mind you it would have been cheaper to sew wet leaves on a vest!

• Haha
Reactions: BigEd

Super Moderator
Looks good, I鈥檇 probably have thought hard about buying it.

it鈥檚 to the point where camo is like fishing lures - they鈥檙e designed to catch fishermen.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. Ever since they developed the tech to print what amounts to computer modified pictures of different wooded areas of the North American Continent on clothing it's been that way.
I also think it's hilarious that I can take a old Real Tree-Extra Brown pattern coat and throw it across a pair of surplus Multicam pants. And if it weren't for the difference in the patterns they'd do a pretty decent job of blending in together.
Very similar color tones trying to do the same thing.
And both remind me of the old WW-2 Camo used by the U.S.M.C. in the Pacific.
I actually had a few pants a insulated vest and a "modern" zip hoody in that old pattern some also called Hunter or Duck Hunter Camo. All gone now as I literally wore them out.
It's kind of a crazy funny
Men's Yearly Camo "Fashion"
With few exceptions, like being in uniform, I've never worn or liked wearing matching camo clothing and gear. Looking like a human shaped piece of the woods doesn't always aide in concealment.

Super Moderator
I think that wearing mix-matched camo serves to break you up even further, as long as both patterns are suitable for the environment. Helps avoid the big blob that doesn't look quite right. I'll sometimes wear darker patterns for pants, and light patterns for the top. I think this visually appears more natural. (but what do I know? :oops:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts