Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a defensive pistol and that energy has to be used efficiently vs your attacker. I'll take a pocket 9m, 45 gr split nose, at 2200 fps, over a 250 gr .45 colt, swc, at 1000 fps, any day, even if you COULlD pocket carry the .45 revolver and if you COULD get repeat hits just as fast and even if the .45 wheelie held 7 and the 9mm "only" 5 rds (and needed 10 seconds to reload the 9mm, with loose rds. The Mach II effect and double wound track of the (356tsw actually) are PROVABLY, on animals, more shocking and destroy more tissue than such a .45 swc.

The .45 lC swc load has 10% more energy than the pocket 9mm's Split Nose load, , but the .45 swc wastes 1/3rd or more of its power on overpenetration and its single, small diameter wound track (no tissue destroyed by any gas cavity, due to low velocity) destroys less tissue and causes less shock than the Split Nose's double wound track, which typically stops at 9-10" in animals, cause I designed it that way.

All I have to do to alter penetration depth is change the depth of the split-nose's central, longitudinal saw kerf, change the diameter or depth of the hp cavity, or change the material of which the bullet is made.

the split nose's segments, in 9mm, weigh 22 grs each. At 2200 fps, solid copper segments do NOT just "fragment", or erode away from mere contact with living tissue, folks. Dont kid yourself about that! :) the bullet is typically 1" deep in the target before the 2 halves seperate, so the segments do not each have to penetrate clothing, skin, muscle, ribs or sternum. It's a brilliant concept, if I do say so myself. :) anyone with a drill, vice, hacksaw and a file can make some of them, load them over a casefull of Alliant Bullseye powder, (in 356 TSW, 9x21mm, , 357 Sig, 38 Casull, .40 short and weak, 10mm, .45 super, 9x25 Dillion, 400 Corbon, something with a case that can handle 40,000 CUP, which has a fully supported barrel, shoot some animals at 20 ft or so and see that I"m correct.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
yes, you probably wont have to fire, misses often suffice, and poor hits often suffice, even with wussy loads. But I'll take being superfast wih ccw draw and hit, and .20 second repeat hits, with this pocket 9, over any belt gun and load's superior utility at 10+ yds,, any day, because of the tactical advantages of the "hand in pocket" start of the CCW draw (without raising any eyebrows by having your hand there) Hell many attackers TELL you to put your hand into your pocket and then remove it, with something in your hand! :) The HUGE advantage so offered to the pocket ccw user renders you stupid if you don't choose it.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much is "adequate energy?" I'd say at LEAST 400 ft lbs and 500 ft lbs is definitely worth getting, as long as your repeat hit speed, on 10" vitals at 10 ft, remains under .20 second.

when you are THAT fast, the pos CAN'T fall fast enough to not be hit 2-3x, and with each hit having 2 wound tracks and being SO destructive/shocking, the odds of him testifying against you later are quite adequately low. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts