Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
testing, especially not bare gelatin. 10% jello is intended to reproduce the effect of HOG MUSCLE. The chest organs, with the exception of the heart, aren't even CLOSE to being as resistant and elastic as is hog muscle. The lungs are nothing but Air sacks. Both the liver and the spleen are EASY to rupture with a bare handed strike. You get LOTS more penetration in the chest than you get in gel, and LOTS less expansion in animals than in gel, too. 230 gr jhp's, from a commander barrel, almost NEVER expand in animals, if they aint plus P. They rarely do from 5" barrels, either. They will shoot thru a BIG dog, LENGTHWISE, like in 20+" of penetration. That's TWICE too much penetration.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put the 1200 fps, 165 gr jhp in the gun, and it WILL expand, and it penetrates more like 12" of flesh. Exiting the skin, on the far side of the critter, is equal to penetrating another 2-3" of chest organs. Nobody with any sense WANTS more than 12" of penetration. I'd cheefully give up having more than 8" of penetration, if I could do twice as much damage in the first 8". I"d be WAY ahead.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Lying clowns have no credibility. Accept the plane ticket and let your buddy pay its own way.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have to do anything, cunt. He's the fucking liar, and you know it. That's makes you a moron.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Look moron, call me anything you want. I'm immune. You are the yellow striped coward who is trying to worm his way out of an agreement. You let your flappy lips overload your fat butt and now you're paying. You're nothing but a liar and a coward and a prison shower b!tch. You WILL suffer... and in spades.

RIKA

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ballistic Gelatin provides for a consistant and repeatable testing medium in which the results are similar to those found in actual usage.

Gelatin testing was first started as a means to find a medium that could closely replicate the damage done to actual human tissue, as observed by Dr. Fackler, who was a combat surgeon in Vietnam. And while gelatin is specifically a test medium, and for consistancy's sake doesn't have bones and different types of tissue, the gelatin formula was refined until it was able to replicate (with reasonable scientific accuracy) the wound damage observed in humans, both those who survived their wounds and those who didn't. And gelatin testing *continues* to be examined side-by-side with actual, real-world shootings, to make sure that the effects predicted by the gelatin testing are acurate compared to the real thing. To date, properly calibrated ballistic gelatin has been a remarkably good model.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Gunkid, have you ever considered moving to California, I hear thats where all the girly men go!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
that's what they CLAIM, but it aint even CLOSE, dude. :)
NUTTY JOHN, ballistic gelatin merely establishes a standard to test rounds against.

If you were the shootist you claim, you would understand that without having to be told.

I think you use the "C" word because of your proclivities, in using your alimentary canal.

At least a real woman has the correct equipment, which seems to cause your extreme fits of jealousy.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Should they use goats instead? :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
andy said:
that's what they CLAIM, but it aint even CLOSE, dude. :)
No, that's what YOU claim.

I haven't seen anything published by you in the IWBA journals, why is that?

Eh?

gelatin testing *continues* to be examined side-by-side with actual, real-world shootings, to make sure that the effects predicted by the gelatin testing are acurate compared to the real thing.

Comparison allows for coorelation and verification.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
krept said:
Should they use goats instead? :)
That would give NUTTY JOHN'S sheep, and his debarked Chihuahua a needed rest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts