Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
more dogs and cats than deer. silenced .22 AR unit BETTER handle 90+% of your post shtf shooting, or you are screwing up so badly that only luck is going to save you. There better be VERY times that you have to respond to being attacked, or you won't make it. If YOU are the one doing the attacking, it aint hard to make the silenced .22 suffice, well over 95% of the time. You simply set it up so that you BRAIN 1-2 guys, or you don't CARE that they are able to (kinda) function for a few minutes or hours after being-hit (cause you've vanished into the sewers, brush, or darkness), with the gun switched back to 223, ready for some crap to start.

Compare to having nothing but noisy centerfire lever actions and bolt actions or shotguns, I"d take JUST the silenced .22 unit, even WITHOUT the 223 option. I"d soon enough have LOTS of bolt actions and lever actions, AK's, and similar crap to use, if I could think of something that they'd be worth a crap at. More likely, just cache the pos's, until it was time to barter them for something that's actually worth a hoot. Assuming that anybody would be left alive, stupid enough to consider them to be worth having, that is.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
And the fantasy continues...................................................

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is likely to be AR's enough for EVERYONE in the US, 1 year after shtf. Be only 2 million people left alive. If there WAS 20 million people left, they'll have wised up and be using silenced .22 auto rifles.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Kind of depends on your geographical location doesn't it. If there are 200 AR/M16/C7 Rifles (military & civilian) within a 400 square mile radius of my house it would be a miricle. And the fantasy continues................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts