Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Makes sense to have 'more than necessary', whatever that number is. At the beginning of the 94-04 ban I only had probably 8-12 AR mags. Objectively more than really 'enough', but no way to know during those ten years whether the ban would actually sunset or not. Not again.

I much prefer the plain GI aluminum mags for serious use. Other than magpul followers, I don't really care about upgrades beyond that. Last ones I bought were NHMTG with magpul followers, cost $9 something. That was back in may of last year iirc.

Reactions: Terry G

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
peronally, i"d never bother to own more than 3-4. :) But, at $12 each, you can't lose and the profit potential is huge, especially if Trump can't work a miracle.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
...i"d never bother to own more than 3-4. :) But, at $12 each, you can't lose and the profit potential is huge...
I could probably do fine for the rest of my life on a VERY small number of magazines.

I just don't intend to... :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've probably only got 10 ACTIVE years left, but wifey;'s got 50+, so a few more mags are in order.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
buy 100 of them and triple your money by Jan

Magazines | Rifle Magazines at Brownells
the profit will pay for a used set of NVD's. :)
...at $12 each, you can't lose

This is the problem with making predictions as though they were absolutes, instead of just the assumptions and opinions that they actually are. So what was the actual, REAL outcome of this "can't lose" investment, the investment that will "triple your money" in six months to the point that the profit will "pay for a used set of NVD's"..? An actual LOSS of $200 dollars. They're $9.99 now; so you'd have lost $2 apiece on them, times a hundred.

Another example of why get-rich-quick schemes are pretty much always a net-loss thing, not a profit thing. Shame nobody warned us about this, and put it in a book somewhere for all to read.

Oh, wait. Someone did. His name was Solomon. You know, the smartest AND richest man who had ever lived up to his time. But people just can't let go of the childish delusion that they're smarter than everyone else...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts