Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dummy? same OAL as 20" AR and 8" of can (another 4-6" of can is telescoped back around the barrel, or the gun WONT be very quiet, rapidfire, full charge 223 ammo.

G

·
What type of SMG? That seems like quite a load to be lugging around. CQB would be horrendous with that long rifle poking over your shoulders.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forget it, man, Hard Rock's just a liar.

smg's suck uniformly, not enough power, no lighter or more compact than a good 223 carbine, no AP capability. all in all a STUPID choice. But then, so is a bolt action rifle. For ranges beyond the 500 yds that an AR 15 handles easily, the proper choice is a smithed UP BAR, in 300 win mag. It's plenty accurate enough, its 9 lbs and gas op means you dont get beaten up in practice, it has a threaded muzzle if you order it with the BOSS compensator, and it offers rapidfire if you need it. So there's no NEED of the smg, dummy, unless you stupidly choose a bolt action for long range, dummy.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Unregistered said:
What type of SMG? That seems like quite a load to be lugging around. CQB would be horrendous with that long rifle poking over your shoulders.
Actually not, at least from what I have personally observed while participating in drills, either as the bad guy or as a hostage.

And for a clue on who may be lying, you might want to check out the sticky thread in the gunkid forum at patriotnetwork.net

but you probably already have a good handle on that just from the threads at this site.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
For anything within 75 yards...

It's a Powder Springs M10 in .45 acp with suppressor. Total weight is 8 pounds and it's very handy to have around.

Mike

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Unregistered said:
Actually, the muzzle goes down. That makes it much more handy.

The load isn't bad. I do nightly 3 mile jogs with a pack weighted down with about 100 pounds. That is a lot more than I'll have on me if the poop hits the fan.

Mike

G

·
A mac10? Yeeelllllkkkk!! The ammos gotta be kinda heavy. 30rd mag of .45 is probably more weight than a 30rd'r of .223.

The best deal going with a sniper gun as a second rifle is the EDM series of breakdown rifles. Or similar custom setups.

For a primary do it all gun with more poop than a .223 the AR10 is a pretty good choice. Ive seen un-modded ones that shoot less than 1/2MOA.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yeah, but that full magazine can kill you just like an iron pipe will. LOL

It really isn't that bad... Plus, bear in mind that if the poop hits the fan, I won't be alone and those with me will be well armed for closer range stuff. For me the M-10 is an oh sh*t defense gun.

The reason I chose it is due to reliability, size, and ease of handling.

Mike

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: sure u do, liar.

223 fan said:

sure he does what?

have the mac? He's in the picture.

liar?

that's YOUR specialty.

:devil:

G

·
Well I guess you wont have to worry cause the <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> will never hit the fan like everyone is expecting it to.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no,dummy, 'nightly jogs with 100 lbs"

and just because there's a pic doesn't mean HE'S in the pic, or that HE owns the gun, dummy. What a twit.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
223 fan said:
no,dummy, 'nightly jogs with 100 lbs"and just because there's a pic doesn't mean HE'S in the pic, or that HE owns the gun, dummy. What a twit.
This coming from a guy who lies about being in "olympic shape" and yet, can't go outside more than 1/2 day, and refuses to go camping (all expense paid) or for a hike because he might hurt himself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts