Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to 308 sp's. No I dont. YOU are the ones CLAIMING 308 ball is so wonderfully effective on men, so the only level of PERFORMANCE I have to match is that of 308 ball. :) 308 CAN'T match 223 for handiness, weight, availability, concealment, canned use, .22 unit, etc. so all you've GOT is your bs claims of "power" and penetration". Even your "Long range" claims got shot to shit by the 1000 yd performance of match AR's and 223 ammo. :) Sp's in 223 blow up your "power" theory, so all you have LEFT is stupid shooting at what you can't SEE (behind cover) thru which you probably CAN'T penetrate, and you won't KNOW that the car was full of firewood, little kids, etc, until it's too late.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
???

The only one insisting on ball for the .308 is you GK, always has been. You tout the GI round for the .223 (Isn't that ball?) But always talk about .223sp vs .308 ball.

I don't know why you insist on this, nor do I know why you believe you are the only person in the world to know that sp or hp, or ballistic tip ammo exists.

Almost every time I reload rifle ammo, I load at least 100 rds of .308 in ballistic tips.

But for some reason, every time I mention .308, you claim I will be using ball.

But, go ahead and rationalize it anyway you want.

Comparing .223sp to .308 ball is a silly argument. Maybe I should always compare .308 ballistic tips to the GI ball ammo you will be using - if your claims of the GI round are correct.

Silly argument, silly thread.

:devil:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Man, this is over the top.
You can't make any comparison to two different types of bullets.
Heck, I like an AR carbine for close-in work, but I sure wouldn't want to go up against a .30 cal at more than 300 yards.
Besides dude, you always talk 10" ARs and some 22LR insert. That's got nothing to do with what a match 24" barreled AR can do. You're comparing several different rifles and bullet types and it jusr dont work.
Even with a match 24" barrel, the 223 isn't going to hit hard enough at 1km no matter if it can hit. Any real trigger puller knows this. Guys just try to justify using the 223 at any range because they can be lazy and not have to learn to shoot a real long rang rifle.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
AGood one gecko, now if I may add.

All it takes to beat a 223 sp with a 308 is to use a nosler accubond. Its more accurate than .223 SP as the tip is not exposed, and it expands 10x better at range than the .223 hp does, and when the sp looses weight retention, it will exceede it by far as well. You get .308 range and controlled expansion with the accubond. Also, have you ever heard of .308 SP, they exist; not as accurate as the accubond or SMK, but expand 5x more than a .223 sp can dream about..

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
It is my understanding that .308 diameter bullets loaded onto a .30-06 cartridge case are very effective. Ask the recipients!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
to 308 sp's. No I dont. YOU are the ones CLAIMING 308 ball is so wonderfully effective on men, so the only level of PERFORMANCE I have to match is that of 308 ball. :) 308 CAN'T match 223 for handiness, weight, availability, concealment, canned use, .22 unit, etc. so all you've GOT is your bs claims of "power" and penetration". Even your "Long range" claims got shot to shit by the 1000 yd performance of match AR's and 223 ammo. :) Sp's in 223 blow up your "power" theory, so all you have LEFT is stupid shooting at what you can't SEE (behind cover) thru which you probably CAN'T penetrate, and you won't KNOW that the car was full of firewood, little kids, etc, until it's too late.
Who is claiming to use .308 ball? Provide a link to the post. I’ve only seen you bring it up, constantly with silly challenges and dumb scenarios.

does ammo other than ball require you to stand in the open too? (Asking for a friend)

you are also the only one shooting at things you can’t see. You don’t understand the concepts involved in shooting through concealment, so you think it is something that it isn’t.

only a moron believes it is randomly shooting at something you can’t see.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No matter what Melvinous Felonious can't get over his eternal butthurt of being recoil sensitive.
So he'll never stop trying to inflate his perforated ego with all his constantly regurgitated internet blatherskite.
Same deal with his indignation over being continuously bagged by "the man" when stepping out of line with his felonious get rich quick schemes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts