Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A close friend of mine, Adama, grew up in The Gambia, where her father was the Minister of Education for many years. Every Friday evening, her father goes deer hunting, and almost always succeeds. When he returns, friends and family feast.

He uses a bow and arrows that he made from scratch! Now that's hunting.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The lady's Dad is very skilled and probably has been doing it since childhood. Yep, thats hunting!

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
A friend of mine never fails with his bow either. He buried a salt block on a game preserve, baited it with apples, until he saw lots of sign that they were using the salt-lick. He has 2 handy trees into which he can climb with his stand, with a 3 sided camo blind. He just gets there about 2 hours before dawn, wearing scent, a week after he's been baiting the area with sweetcorn, apples, carrots, etc, and reads a book with his little red lensed, head mounted light, until dawn arrives. He says that he's never looked over the top of the blind and not seen a deer. :)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That's not a huge display of skill, but if that's the only way your friend can harvest an animal, then more power to him.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
When I go hunting, I just take GBullet with me. That way, I get to eat with no work whatsoever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts