Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't start this thing to weigh the merits of Colt, Browning, SIG, Glock, etc. I said what worked for ME. The Glock 21 is absolutely realiable and accurate, all that I ask for in a self defense hand gun. My Colt .45 Series 70, is the same. My Taurus pistols, although lighter in caliber, (9MM), are fine defense pistols. Makarov's? They are the real sleeper as far as handguns are concerned. Go spend $400.00 plus bucks when a better $200.00 gun is in your reach. And before you start thinking old TG is going cheap, I'll spend whatever it takes to keep myself breathing. Those Colt AR's don't grow on trees, and Glock 21's are fairly pricey. If it works for you, keep it. Be it a $2,000.00 Kimber or a $75.00 Raven's Arms.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I had a friend who, against my advice, bought a new, well-known brand $70 .25 auto from a gunstore. She spent more than $70 many times on lesser things, so the money was no issue. She just didn't want to spend more than $70 on a pistol.

One night, someone broke into her house and she wound up face-to-face with him. She pulled the slide back to chamber a round and the pistol jammed. Fortunately for her, the guy turned and ran away.

Did she replace the junky pistol? No, she had some "gunsmith" repair it.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Terry G said:
If it works for you, keep it.
That's what it boils down to, Terry.
But don't think that we'll stop teasing you about the tupperware Lego pistols. :dgrin: And that's mostly what it is, teasing.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
GBullet said:
I had a friend who, against my advice, bought a new, well-known brand $70 .25 auto from a gunstore. She spent more than $70 many times on lesser things, so the money was no issue. She just didn't want to spend more than $70 on a pistol.

One night, someone broke into her house and she wound up face-to-face with him. She pulled the slide back to chamber a round and the pistol jammed. Fortunately for her, the guy turned and ran away.

Did she replace the junky pistol? No, she had some "gunsmith" repair it.
There is nothing we can do to protect a loved one, much less a friend, from stupidity. Most women are more intelligent than that.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Raider said:
There is nothing we can do to protect a loved one, much less a friend, from stupidity. Most women are more intelligent than that.

RIKA
No offense RIKA, but no, they're not. That kind of "thinking" happens all the time with women I've seen. It's not lack of intelligence, per se, it's due to the programming they've been subjected to their whole lives.

Problem is idiots, especially in the women's movements, have taght women that guns are an evil thing, and that they should shum them. Women often make poor choices in gun selection because they are afraid to the point of hysteria by all the hype they've had drilled into them, but are more afraid of what might happen if they don't have one (glimmer of rational thinking).
So, they go out and buy the smallest, cheapest POS they can find and hope they can keep it out of sight, out of mind, except for a feeling of security. Even if they are proven wrong (hopefully without coming to harm as in this case), they just don't want to have to go through the deprogramming necessary to confront their fears about guns.

Unfortunately, it's up to women like YOU to get through to them. Because typically, we're "just men, trying to make them do the thing WE want them to."

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Unfortunately, it's up to women like YOU to get through to them. Because typically, we're "just men, trying to make them do the thing WE want them to."
Most women view me as a strange creature because I like guns and shooting and because I have absolutely no interest in how many centimeters they stretched while bearing little Freddy. Have talked to a few but most don't want to hear.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Raider said:
Have talked to a few but most don't want to hear.

RIKA
Sounds harsh, but if they won't even listen to another woman, I guess they'll have to play the victim and learn the hard way. . .sorry to see it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Magnum88C said:
No offense RIKA, but no, they're not. That kind of "thinking" happens all the time with women I've seen. It's not lack of intelligence, per se, it's due to the programming they've been subjected to their whole lives.

Problem is idiots, especially in the women's movements, have taght women that guns are an evil thing, and that they should shum them. Women often make poor choices in gun selection because they are afraid to the point of hysteria by all the hype they've had drilled into them, but are more afraid of what might happen if they don't have one (glimmer of rational thinking).
So, they go out and buy the smallest, cheapest POS they can find and hope they can keep it out of sight, out of mind, except for a feeling of security. Even if they are proven wrong (hopefully without coming to harm as in this case), they just don't want to have to go through the deprogramming necessary to confront their fears about guns.

If I may interject...I've seen,& I'm sure so have you,men acting stupid when looking at guns.Even w/o a girlfriend to "impress" :rolleyes:

Just last week I was looking for nothing in particular @ the local shop.There was a couple there that was bouncing like a pinball from one case to the next.The guy critter had no clue about handguns.Totally unprepared.He wanted a ".357 or bigger".Well,the clerk[I'm sure that this wasn't HIS first time w/this scenario] spent an inordanite amount of time trying to explain while Glocks & XD's come in ".357 or bigger" they aren't the huge S&W revolvers that the guy kept pointing too.Confused?I was getting dizzy.
After several minutes it turns out that the guy wanted a .357 or a .44 revolver type round but in a Glock/HK/XD package.He was pissed/irritated when told that those big revolver rounds don't fit the autoloader frame.His anger,of course:rolleyes:,was directed towards the clerk.The final straw was when he found out the legal hoops he had to meander through to buy & carry the pistol.He left in a huff.Irritated GF in tow.

It's not just the ladies.It seems that a lot of men today were born into emasculation by the womens movement & thus were never taught the things that men are "expected" to know.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Honestly, no, I haven't seen that. But I'm sure it happens, and yes, it's due to the pussified male. The whole "kinder, gentler" paradigm has put a giant knife in teh backs of those raised on it. Instead of making a safer world, it's made a world where scumbags can victimize with almost impunity, and slaves who are happy to be victims to keep from being shunned by the other slaves.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
You know, while that's true, sad, and disgusting, the Zig Ziglar fan in me can't help but notice that it also makes it easier to be above average nowadays.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I"ve always been disgusted to notice how easy it is to be in the top 10% of human endeavor, at pretty much anything.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Honestly, no, I haven't seen that. But I'm sure it happens, and yes, it's due to the pussified male. The whole "kinder, gentler" paradigm has put a giant knife in teh backs of those raised on it. Instead of making a safer world, it's made a world where scumbags can victimize with almost impunity, and slaves who are happy to be victims to keep from being shunned by the other slaves.
When we reach a certain age and can reason, we can make a conscious decision whether to be a victim or not. Being passive is what people desire but after you have been humiliated over and over and had the snot beaten out of you a few times a person can change their mind. Not all, but a few. Maybe there is some hope.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are sheep in this world and wolves. The sheep outnumber the wolves by a huge margin, because there are also shepherds in this world that protect the sheep by kicking the living s*** out of the wolves. Fact of life, as old as the first soldiers and cop's. Now and then a normal citizen decides, "Hey, this is a bunch of nonsense. You try to hurt me and I'm going to hurt you back." You start laying down to the crime scum and you invite more crime. Way back when, I lived in a pretty bad suburb of Chicago. Coming back to my really crummy apartment I was accosted by three young thugs. The friendly opening line was "Give me your wallet MF". I was three months out of Viet Nam, and not in the mood for this at all. The surly B****** had just gotten the F***** out of his mouth when I punched him in the face for all I was worth. His buddies jumped in and I took a lot of lumps, but they backed off in the end. I was never bothered again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts