Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hear it's going to be a bad year for Tick infestation, what do you use? I use Vectra for my Lab, and Repel for me. I have read Permethrin is a better repellant for use on clothes only. Input would be appreciated. I had three of the little buggers (pun) on me, and found one on the Dog dead, (the Tick, not the Dog)) and it's only April.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Permethrin on clothes for sure. Works as in Arkansas in Spring & Summer when have more ticks than a Watch Shop.

In the past bug juice that was close to 100% DEET on skin but I've heard about bad long term effects on humans so I don't use it too much anymore.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's interesting. The Vectra generally kills the Ticks when they bite the Dog but, of course, it's not 100%.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
When I'm out somewhere where I can get away with less than 'socially acceptable' dress (out in the woods, on a construction site, etc), I wear boots with dog flea/tick collars around the ankles. It's not perfect, but it helps.

I've had people tell me it's a bad idea and even that it's dangerous to my health. That earns a 'yawn' imo; but to each his own opinion.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Permethrin was a winner. I did boots, socks, pants, and vest. Good stuff. Say's it's good for up to six washings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts