Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Including reaction time, to a hit on chest at 10 ft, it's 1.3 seconds or so for a good hand, as long as the safety is already disengaged (going from Right hand to left, that is). If safety's "on", likely to run over 2 seconds. If the guy's THAT close, and you need 2 full seconds, you'd better pray he's already severely wounded. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Okay, an intelligent post. Score one for andy.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Changing guns rapidly takes frequent practice. Irregardless what style of handgun that you are shooting. Recent bragging post;

Shot Placement

I shot a handgun match this weekend and during one of the stages I was shown the results of good shot placement. The match organizer had his steel match organized as either a Cowboy Action match or a Speed match, I went Cowboy action. During one stage you had to engage 8 steel reactive targets, fastest time won. Starting with both my Vaqueros loaded and hands in the classic surrender position, I cleaned the stage in 11 seconds and change. What amazed me was that a close friend who years ago was on the Saskatchewan IPSC Gold Team who was shooting a Gov't Model in .45 w/ optical sights using 155 grain bullets took 20 plus seconds. He shot low and some targets took up to 4 hits to go down. Shot placement counts more than the type of firearm that your using.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Right on Garand. Shooting very rapidly but getting poor shot placement cpild get you killed when the targets are shooting back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts