Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To 223fan/andy...

That's quite enough. I am getting rather tired of seeing "u pussies", "stupe", "dummy", etc. laced all throughout your messages here. You are welcome to post information, opinions, facts, and the like, but the derogatory comments have to cease.

One of two things will happen if it continues:

(1) I will edit your posts to remove such language, or

(2) if editing is too much of a bother, I will simply delete your post.

Further ANYONE writing in a similar manner on this board will be subject to the same treatment. The argument that "he did it first" does not excuse you to act in the same manner.

If I happen to be reading an older thread and see such language, I will very likely subject those messages to the above mentioned scrutiny.

I hope everyone is clear on this. This sort of behavior is not welcome on this site and I firmly believe it is not necessary for anyone to get their point across. I CAN put automatic filters in place to blank out the most commonly used derogatory words, and may very well do just that.

I can see nothing that can be gained by adults acting in such a manner, and quite frankly I am tired of seeing it here.

If it gets to be too much work for me to do, I will ask for one or more volunteers to act as moderators here to help out.

I do hope that everyone (and some in particular) will begin to engage in conversations here that are fitting for intelligent adults, or at least people making an honest attempt to appear to be such.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow I guess some people wont like to have to use real words and being unable to answer questions with insults. Adios Andy/.223fan/GK/The Man, sorry to hear you leave, but if You where as smart as You claimed You would be able to stay and enlighten us uneducated commoners.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Sounds good to me.

I'm amazed that someone could be run off a site simply by not letting them post inflammatory language.

too funny.

Sorry to see it came to this Rich.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!THE WICKED WITCH!THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!
:beer:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess it is pretty incredible that someone would rather leave a site rather than just be civil to people. I find that mindset very difficult to understand.

Yeah, plenty of other sites out there, andy, but what good does that do you? What exactly is it that you are trying to prove?

Oh well. Certainly should save me a bunch of work.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I wonder, will he be taking 223 Fan with him?

(I never could understand the whole split personality, hold conversations with himself thing...)

:devil:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im guilty Rich

and I did post some foul things,for that I am sorry.From here on out I will abide by your request.

Now see there Melvin,real men ADMIT and acknowledge when they are wrong or have made a mistake,you should try it sometime.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
223 fan/andy apparently has decided to leave rather than post under my conditions. So be it, but at least no one can say I banned him or didn't try to help him.

So I am hoping we can now have discussions without the name calling and get some topics addressed without the distraction of people getting called derisive names in the process if they disagree and have different opinions.

When I first started this site, I thought for certain it would become a target for anti-gunners and nearly all of the problems would be from fighting with them here. To say I was shocked that the problems were from within the gun owner crowd is quite an understatement.

It is OK to disagree with someone. It is also OK to be wrong every now and again and admit it. If you already knew everything, then you don't need to be here anyway as you have nothing to learn. Just sit in your bunker and pat yourself on the back until your arm falls off. The rest of us want to talk and learn as much as we can about a topic that interests us.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of 223/andy, he will most likely assume a new identity.

I've got to hand it to you though Rich, you stuck to your 'guns' much longer then I would have.

If nothing else, at least his presense brought people to see what was going on.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is no need for him to assume a new identity. It doesn't matter who is writing here and what they call themselves. Any new member would be treated exactly the same way as 223 fan/andy would be.

I simply expect everyone to act in a civil manner to everyone else, and just don't believe that is too much for me to ask.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well Andy is still here and I had to edit two of his posts already.

Andy, I am NOT joking. Just treat people like human beings here and I will enforce them doing the same to you.

I value everyone's input, but the manner in which you deliver it needs to be cleaned up.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
thank you

RICH , i'm right in line with dakota and find this not to stern of approach very welcome.:cool:

thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts