Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are yalls opinion on bugging in vs bugging out. Me personally I will bug in unless events such as nuclear, or bio force me to leave. I have ten acres several miles away and have not built my cabin yet. I have all the equipment and supplies I need to survive here at my home. So what are your plans?

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i plan on buggin' IN, if i don't have to cut a 'WIDE SWATH' as i bug out![and i do mean a wide swath] the total shit hittin' the fan thought process, is kinda funny to me , i mean all these law-abiding 'citizens' are going to 'LEAP' INTO
ACTION... for their own survival[ha!] 75% couldn't handle [2] weeks in a county jail with charges dropped [i'm thinkin']... what i'm sayin', is i know both sides of the good/bad of human nature/fear!

:wavey:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Aries said:
Me personally I will bug in unless events such as nuclear, or bio force me to leave. I have all the equipment and supplies I need to survive here at my home. So what are your plans?
That's the plan here as well.
1st bug out option is bug in.
2nd bug out option is another bug in, at a second location.

I won't play nomad unless I absolutely have to.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I'm with mag, it all depends on the circumstances at the time.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The plans include bugging in, bugging out to one of several locations. It all depends on the scenario being played out.

For a natural disaster type thing, first priority is the family, then comes friends, then neighborhood.

For a WWIII scenario, or a UN invasion, bug out is probably 1st option.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Aslan said:
For a WWIII scenario, or a UN invasion, bug out is probably 1st option.

Even there, if you live in a "non-priority" area, it's best to stay put.
'Course if where you live is a category 1A target, your first warning might be that very brief flash. . .

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Even there, if you live in a "non-priority" area, it's best to stay put.
'Course if where you live is a category 1A target, your first warning might be that very brief flash. . .
Preceded by a loud, "Hey, y'all! Watch this!"

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Or a "Hun, get me them marshmellows and a coat hanger"

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Only a FOOL would choose to wander ALONE in the CHAOS to come.

One may have to travel alone for sometime but only to link up and form a STRONG group.

Plan NOW.

ONLY associate with those who would give no quarter to the unprepared mob of sheeple.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It depends on where I am at the time of the decision making incident. As soon as my wifes doctors release her, I will move to a place that would be a "BUG IN" situation for a while, unless the incident was NBC related.

However, I will have the ability to bug out at a moments notice with sufficient provocation, and then it will be into the deep timber, where I have already provided for myself and some others whom I trust.

Within my group of friends, there are four individual family groups. We all have winter tight shelters built, relatively close to one another. Small to be sure, but sufficient none the less.

We have provided ourselves with a shelter for wood to burn. This way the wood that is in there now is dry and will be until it is needed. If I have it planned right, these wood shelters (almost a woodshed) can have theier contents rotated and always have dry, burnable, almost smokeless wood.

Proper planning, ahead of time, and proper continueing plans, will spell the difference between success, and failure. I am surprised at how small the cost was to do this.

In the meantime, these small places make surprisingly good hunting camps.

The only plan left to bring to fruition, is winter shelter and adequate feed for the horses.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
It depends on where I am at the time of the decision making incident. As soon as my wifes doctors release her, I will move to a place that would be a "BUG IN" situation for a while, unless the incident was NBC related.

However, I will have the ability to bug out at a moments notice with sufficient provocation, and then it will be into the deep timber, where I have already provided for myself and some others whom I trust.

Within my group of friends, there are four individual family groups. We all have winter tight shelters built, relatively close to one another. Small to be sure, but sufficient none the less.

We have provided ourselves with a shelter for wood to burn. This way the wood that is in there now is dry and will be until it is needed. If I have it planned right, these wood shelters (almost a woodshed) can have theier contents rotated and always have dry, burnable, almost smokeless wood.

Proper planning, ahead of time, and proper continueing plans, will spell the difference between success, and failure. I am surprised at how small the cost was to do this.

In the meantime, these small places make surprisingly good hunting camps.

The only plan left to bring into being, is to build adequate winter shelter and to provide adequate winter feed for the horses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts