Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we have a great monster movie thread going. Let's discuss how the professionals kill zombies.

My vote is for the flamethrower/chainsaw backup. This popping them in the head with vundernines doesn't do it for me. You need blood, gore and a lot of fire to properly dispose of this lowest form of undead. Although flamerthrowers do wonders on vampires and lycanthropes also.
:flamethr:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I vote for having a bunch of canned CAR gunkid types herd the zombies into a giant wood-chipper. :D

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I like the full auto magazine fed twelve gauge.

A mini-gun would be a close second.

A wood chipper is a great idea for making fertilizer out of 'em!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I remember seeing "Night of the Living Dead" back in 1968. I was with two friends. All three us were trained Infantyrmen, detailed as MP's to Redstone Arsenal, ALabama. None of us wanted to walk in the dark back to our barracks. That's how scared we were. Looking back it's funny, but sad to think how young we were and going where we knew we were going.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I kinda like molotovs.
I think a truck full of liquid nitrogen or oxygen could be a hoot: Corpse-sickles and then hit them with a sling shot and shatter them.

Chainsaws are ok for up close and personal.

I guess it depends, are these the slow shambling George Romero Zombies or the hyper 28 days later / dawn of the dead types?

Tactics depend on which, don't ya know?

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, like I said, the chainsaw is of the personal defense type, it'a a backup to the primary weapon.

That's why I like the flamethrower, doesn't matter if they're slow and shambling or quick, burning napalm tends to do 'em in.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Zombies are much nicer to talk about than the other current subjects. Perhaps a long pole with 220 volt attached to the end. You could really smoke 'em with that.

Awwww heck, I like the corpse-sickle thing. :D

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful, all this talk of sling-shots and corpsicles might get the whole slingshot flame-a-thon started again, but not by a zombie, rather a troll.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that liquid nitrogen would work on them trolls too...

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
We could just play them John Kerry speeches and they would be bored into oblivion.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Raider said:
We could just play them John Kerry speeches and they would be bored into oblivion.

RIKA
That's probably what turned them into zombies in the first place!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Wylycoyte said:
That's probably what turned them into zombies in the first place!
No, they were zombies before. The Kerry speeches are just what turned then into MINDLESS zombies.
KJ

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So does that mean we should carry flamethrowers to the DNC in '08?
Or that we should have been all along?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum88C said:
So does that mean we should carry flamethrowers to the DNC in '08?
Are you suggesting that there are 'live brains' at the DNC?

(ref: some dumb zombie movie where the living dead were compelled to eat 'live brains' - don't remember the name) :duck:

RIKA :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The last of the original Dead movies had the zombies learning,or perhaps better,remembering some things from when they were alive.The main male zombie[can't remember his "name"] remembered how to both open doors & operate a 1911 pistol!

Picture a whole third world army armed w/AKs' & they're already dead!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was that the one where they were underground and there was that dufus captain that carried twin S&W 629s?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah,I that's it.They kept a bunch of zombies as test subjects in the caves adjoining the base.IIRC,it was supposed to be on an island of the Florida coast.

They were looking for a cure....

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Raider said:
Are you suggesting that there are 'live brains' at the DNC?

(ref: some dumb zombie movie where the living dead were compelled to eat 'live brains' - don't remember the name) :duck:

RIKA :D
"Return of the Living Dead". From the late 80's or early 90's, I believe. They captured a female zombie and had her tied down, interrogating her. When asked why they craved 'live brains', she said, "To stop the pain". Turns out, being dead is agonizing. Bummer.

In that movie, nothing killed them; headshots, flames, chopping the head off, nothing. They were literally un-killable and had to just be contained and sealed up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Return was done in 1985 by Director Dan O'Bannon released a few months after Day.
He says in an interview on the DVD he wanted to pay homage to Romero, but didnt want to step on anybodies toes and have legal problems so he made his zombies a little different.
The pain of being dead was the cramping of muscles from rigor, and then "feeling yourself rot."

Fucked up movie...but I love it.
Needs more gun play, though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts