Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or let's pretend, anyway.

Kerry is now our president and the Democrats have taken back Congress.

Since the election, sweeping anti-gun bills have been fast tracked into law without any slowing down of the machinery. The camel's foot under the tent has become the entire leg, and there is more to come.

• Private transfers of firearms have been outlawed.
  • Gunshows are now history because the "instant" check was made into a mandatory 5 day waiting period.
  • One gun a month is now federal law.
  • Huge taxes have been levied on all centerfire ammunition and reloading components.
  • All magazines with a capacity of more then 5 rounds are now considered as Destructive Devices.
  • FFLs have been reduced to no more then 1 per county and are considered as a branch outlet for the BATF's department of retail firearm sales.

Looking back to the good old days of October 27th, 2004, if you could go back into time with this hindsight, WHAT would you do? What would you buy that you can no longer get today? What would you do differently then when you thought things couldn't possibly get as bad as they have, knowing what you know now?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I do what I can politically anyway, so nothing new on that end.
Probably stockpile loading components. I pretty much have guns that'll cover whatever use I can come up with, so I wouldn't "panic buy". Although I would have to save soem $$ to try and keep up with the "one gun a month" law. :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:nope: Rich,dude,we already have a nightmare thread going.

What your talking about is,IMO,the death of this hobby.

blinders on I don't think that a President Kerry can do that much w/what's likely to still remain a Republican Congress.blinders off

@ least I hope not.

I think.No I know that even some of that scenario would have some people-the lazy & the fence sitters-motivated into action.

I'm willing to both speak out on the street corners & to join the Mi Militia.Not to fight the .gov nessecarily but to swell the paper ranks as a message to the govt that there are alot more of us willing to argue our point.

One thing that I find interesting.Lucky for us anyways.Is that the Election comes just a few weeks before firearms deer season opens(at least in Mi).EVERYONE is talking guns right now.The shooting ranges are full & the sporting goods stores are starting to look like Target on Dec 26th.It has been written that on Nov 15th Mi fields the worlds third largest group of armed men[Army].Even more than what size buck is expected the Kerry/Bush race is the talk of the gunshop right now.I just hope that enough of my fellows vote this year to change Mi from a scummy liberal blue state to a nice even red one.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, well I remember over 10 years ago telling people about the impending Assault Weapon Ban. You know what many people said? "They can't do that! This is America!"

We're just damned lucky that sunset clause was in there. You can bet they won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Well, if you don't have what you think you need now (just like then), try to get it as fast as you can.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I "panic buy"ed myself almost into bankruptcy ten years ago.Not doing that again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts