Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
small class training(per month) to have real hand to hand ability. Another 100 hours,plus having taught quite a bit, and I got pretty good, and yet another 100 hours made me truly "unharmable by the untrained man"(assuming no weapons), which is SUPPOSED to be the standard for the first degree black belt. 2nd degree means the same, with TWO attackers. 3rd degree means the same, for 1 man with most types of non-projectile weapons. 4th degree means the same, weapons, with 2 men. 5th degree means he can do all that, and has taught so many people, and become so popular, that he is a serious asset to the furtherance of the training-style. Beyond such levels of ability, "rank" is all pretty much "political" in nature, cause they CAN'T become more able to handle an attack. :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Meanwhile, you with your YELLOW belt. . .
I think you made a typo. I'm sure you meant SPINE and not BELT.
KJ

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Half elf said:
What style?, and how did you program muscle memory with only 50 hours a month?
Oh man, volumes has been written on this subject, from him not even being known by his association, to his instructor speaking only japanese teaching a korean art in korea, to not knowing names of techniques, or even understanding the priciniples involved.

If he got a black belt, I suspect it was under a belts for bucks type school.

But, You may quiz him and make your own assesments...

(you might have noticed him using Japanese belt rankings to describe the black belt levels in his korean art...)

:devil:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I know the martial arts well. Gunkid does not know of what he speaks. This 1st black, 2nd black, 3ed black, etc.. is pure fantacy.

gunkid does not realize he post on other boards over the year about his 1 year black belt he says he got in Korea, from a Korean grand master who spoke only english in class and ever had korean names for the forms he learned.

A real bser gunkid is.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What took him sooooo long to become competent(?)I say we put old (squirt)gunkid in a class with some snake-eater types, where you learn tactical/pratical, very quickly or you report to your new duty station, bruised and contused.
It's been my experience that, while formal training in hand to hand or unarmed combat is good for the mind, it has to be vetted by people who will pull off your ear of bite off your nose, in the real world. If squirt gun did not learn how to be humble in martial arts, he learned nothing.
SatCong

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
"If squirt gun did not learn how to be humble in martial arts, he learned nothing." How true, SatCong!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts