Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

TopGun Maverick

668 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Garand 
#1 ·
Went and saw TopGun Maverick yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at the complete lack of wokeness. Great movie, lots of good flying action. Lots of nods to the original. Very well done. Yes, there are holes in the plot. If you're looking for a deeply intellectual movie, this ain't it. If you want good action and fun, then this is a good one to see. It really does need to be seen on the big screen.

#4 ·
They actually DID make a stink about it, The production company changed the Cruise patch to redact both the Taiwanese Flag, and the Japanese flag (Common Port visits on WestPac Cruises) because of the Chinese Backers insistence, then when they pulled out, it was changed back to the same Patch as in the first Movie. The Blood Chit would have cause a Meltdown, which for My Own Amusement would have been Epic. That said, The Blood chit would have been WAY off script, Since Neither he or his Father flew with the AVG. While the Script does play fast and loose with some stuff, especially the Flying, They really did seem to try to get the detail stuff right

#7 ·
My wife and I seen it last week and really enjoyed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.