Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEE if any of the others also detonate. :) they wont. Rig the electrode of an arc welder to the primer, ground the other end when you want to fire, have the ammo on a grounded steel plate, of course.

When a round goes off in a fire, the bullet's often STAY in the case neck, and rarely move more than a foot or so from the case.The case bursts open on its SIDE. There might be a small amount of risk of brass frags, but there's exactly none from the bullet.

If you have LOTS of ammo, enclosed in a sealed, metal container, and fire-heat made MANY of the rd detonate at the same time, u might be at risk, if you were near enough,but youd be at WORSE risk from the fumes, smoke, falling timbers, etc.

thousands of rds, in a small basement, MIGHT mean that the BASEMENT was a "container' for the powder gases, if "somehow' all the rounds detonated at once.

Fires are so commonplace that ALL lenders on housing INSIST that you have fire insurance, and you CAN'T get thousands of rds of ammo up out of a basement very fast, and there's usually MORE valuable stuff to get out of the house. So the ammo gets left behiind, wasting all that money.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Sounds like you jealous. Nah, your just a WANNABE.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
TODD 3465 said:
WTH is he blabbering about? What other thread is this a GK spin-off of now?
No, this is whole new original thread that has no bearing whatsoever on the thread where people were talking about storing ammo in ammo cans and if having loose rounds in a can was or was not a good idea.

But, this thread is totally UNRELATED to that thread, so this is a NEW and ORIGINAL thread.

it is also unrleated to his other thread about ammo in cans and wheels turning....

go figure That's two new threads that really should have been part of another thread.

:headbang:

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
What new thread would he start if I posted I store my slingshot ammo in cans?

RIKA :D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Gunkid, didn't you once try to look into a car's gas tank with a match? I heard that happend to you once, just once mind you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts