Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Fifteen FEET??? Why don't you just bayonet him?

Reactions: BigBassMan

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
14 or 15 yards??? Feet maybe, but 45 feet? Impossible!

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Couldn't resist. Our boy flat out called me a liar (among other adjectives) when I said I routinely practice at 25 yards with a Glock 21. Can't be done said he. That's pretty much point blank with a M-1 Carbine.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
I've owned two M-1 Carbines. One I bought from an Air Force guy for $30.00 in Viet Nam. Why I can't remember. I shot it quite a bit at the ranges in base camp and on trips to the "Ville" I sometimes carried it. It had a loose rear sight and once I fixed that it shot very well even with all the abuse it visibly suffered. It always worked, too. The other was a Carbine made by Universal if I remember correctly, and it was a complete failure. Very pretty to look at, it just wouldn't work. I ended up trading it in on a Colt MKIV Series 70. I wouldn't mind having one again. The only one's I've seen lately are pretty pricey, $800.00 and up, and the condition doesn't match the price. I do have a few SKS's, both Chinese and Yugoslavian so I'm covered in the 10 round fixed magazine area.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Wee he said he had a .44 Colt Black Powder revolver but a Meter Maid took it away from him.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Never really looked at the mechanics of this drill before, but if there are three threats, it's a very bad idea to shoot the first one six times (including two to the head) before moving on to threats number two and three. Basically, if six hits are truly necessary (as done on target #1), why only put two hits on #2 before moving on to #3; and if two hits are adequate, why put six hits on #1 before moving on to #2?
Because he has no clue whatsoever about reality. Just just made up scenarios in his head where he always comes out the winner. Like when you were a kid and were shooting the "Bad Guy's".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts