Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
C'mon, John; you've posted 13 times since I put my results here. No comment about whether .17 and .19 are either acceptable or too slow? You brought up the topic of M1 carbine & shooting on a timer, so why not actually talk about it?
I think it was just another lame attempt to belittle someone else, that as usual backfires and hits him right in the face.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
When you a "legend in your own mind", why talk to mere mortals?

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,748 Posts

·
Registered
10,748 Posts

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Was hoping for a response from Boati regarding the times I listed above, but no luck. Just another one-post sermon posing as a thread, and no actual participation in his own topic.
Seems to be avoiding the issue.

Crawfish mode activated I guess.
Up to page 3 now, and still not a single response from the guy who started the thread.

Another drive-by pontification, apparently.
More than a month now, and STILL no response; to a post in his own thread, about his own topic.

Back in December I figured that once the first week of the month was past and the initial influx of drugs wore off some, he might be able to bring himself to respond. Then in early January I hoped the same thing.

Evidently, fear of even his own topics is too ingrained to overcome, whether on drugs or off of them. Bummer.

Personally I can live with .17 and .19 hits at 15 yards with a combat carbine.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
The ultimak scope mount for my M1 Carbine came in Thursday, and I mounted it and a old Tasco Red Dot scope. I had 3 spare scopes on hand and the Tasco gave me the widest field of view. Took it to the indoor range this morning and zeroed it at 20 yds because of indoor lighting issues. I'm kick started for the spring when I can zero it at more distant range. Since I'm not quite used to the scope in that location on a rifle, I'm hoping to get at least 500 rds downrange before the first match (depending of course on covid lockdowns).

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Is that the forward-mounting version, mounted on the front handguard?

I've seen those 'scout' style red dot mounts for the M1 carbine but never tried one. Please let us know how well it works & holds up. One of my sons has one built into an operating-rod cover for a red dot on his AK and it works surprisingly well. I didn't think it would hold zero when you remove & replace the gas tube

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Is that the forward-mounting version, mounted on the front handguard?
Yes it is, I bought it from Brownells. Very sturdy design. There are at least 2 videos on U Tube regarding it. I like the fact that I didn't have to remove the rear sights.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Another bump, wondering if Gunkid has any comments about his own topic and thread...

I realized I’d never timed myself on the .30C, so figured I’d give it a shot; but on a limited basis largely due to ammo reasons. The .30C is one of the calibers I don’t reload, and with things as crazy as they are in the market right now, I just did a single three-round reaction drill. From low ready, chamber loaded, safety on, with standard 110-grain ammo. Mine has the rotating safety, not the earlier (and probably faster) crossbolt version. From the beep, three C-zone hits at 14-15 yards.

Times were .66 to the first shot, 0.19 to the second, and .17 to the third. That’s three hits in 0.36 seconds from first shot to last. I still prefer the AR, but being an over-the-hill non-professional, I can totally live with that.

Thanks, John; you helped me re-validate (to myself at least) the appropriateness of the .30C as an absolutely valid short- to medium-range defensive gun. :)

{edited to correct target info. Was a C zone target, not an A zone.}

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
The nice postal lady came by this morning and made a delivery. Another 600 rds of virgin .30 Carbine brass. I'll be ready in spring either for some really good 3 gun matches or the zombie apocalypse'

·
Registered
10,748 Posts

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Interesting, thanks. Looks like it would be handy for a small red dot on a .30 carbine. Of course, I just gave away my last unused small red dot... :unhappy:

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
I'm just using an inexpensive Tasco Red Dot, that I've had for years. I figured I'd try it in 2 or 3 matches, if it is a success I'd spend a bit more money and invest in a current one. "Lucky Gunner" has an M1 Carbine U Tube video out with a $700 Red Dot on it, a bit to rich for me before I even know the concept works for me.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
And yet another bump, hoping for actual discussion about the actual thread topic. Wondering if gunkid is up to actually discussing things, rather than just another typical drive-by, run-and-hide gunkid pontification.

I realized I’d never timed myself on the .30C, so figured I’d give it a shot; but on a limited basis largely due to ammo reasons. The .30C is one of the calibers I don’t reload, and with things as crazy as they are in the market right now, I just did a single three-round reaction drill. From low ready, chamber loaded, safety on, with standard 110-grain ammo. Mine has the rotating safety, not the earlier (and probably faster) crossbolt version. From the beep, three C-zone hits at 14-15 yards.

Times were .66 to the first shot, 0.19 to the second, and .17 to the third. That’s three hits in 0.36 seconds from first shot to last. I still prefer the AR, but being an over-the-hill non-professional, I can totally live with that.

Thanks, John; you helped me re-validate (to myself at least) the appropriateness of the .30C as an absolutely valid short- to medium-range defensive gun. :)

{edited to correct target info. Was a C zone target, not an A zone.}

41 - 60 of 82 Posts