Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
around a 3/4" steel rod. 4" of such a "pigtail" weighs almost nothing, requires no noise to get "seated" into the dirt, is adjustable for tension, (once it's "set") and holds a LOT better than any (feasible to carry) stake ever could.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think it's the idea of taking a piece of 8 or 10 gauge aluminum wire and twisting/winding it into an corkscrew shape. Then screw that into the ground instead of using tent stakes.

Never tried it, but seems like "screwing" a home-made aluminum corkscrew into the ground would be problematic at best. But like I said, never tried it. In my emergency gear, for ground-stake use I carry 8-inch aluminum gutter nails. Weight pretty much nothing, but if used carefully can hold a surprising amount.

Could be wrong, and may be why I don't understand the "adjustable for tension" part.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I bought one. Very light, I don't remember if it was aluminum. It held pretty good, but I didn't like the idea of tying up my Dog, so I only used it once. About $8.00, I think.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Cop out! Cop Out! Cop out! YOU said you would post pictures of your airsoft set up a month ago. What money? It's free. Time? You don't work, all you have is time.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Cop out! Cop Out! Cop out! YOU said you would post pictures of your airsoft set up a month ago. What money? It's free. Time? You don't work, all you have is time.
Don't sound so shocked. Punks gonna punk.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
once it's corkscrewed, why not, dumbass? it's easy. you're getting dumber than garand, even.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts