Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So when I was flipping through the August edition of the American Rifleman I spotted this new version of the TX22 from Taurus.

I need to do some research but this may be a good replacement for my AA Glock 17 kit for trading.
Considering I've been thinking of going to a red dot due to eyesight issues cropping up in the last few years.
Anyways, having a striker fired centerfire with the option of an optic a rimfire understudy wouldn't be too bad.

Link to NRA Article Below

Registered
Never seen that. I like my TX22 well enough that I sold off my sig mosquito. (Who would have ever thought that a Taurus gun would be better than a similar Sig...?)

I didn't know they made an optic-ready version. Wonder if anyone makes a holster that would fit it, with that big plate in the middle of the slide...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holster well maybe something can be crafted? I might try my hand with kydex.

No rush but I'm very curious about it.

Registered
The slide and plates can be bought for $299.00 directly from Taurus.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay guys forgot to mention that I got to hold one on Saturday. Liked the heft and feel felt a bit different but not bad. Tell you the truth if they offered interchangeable back straps like a flat, semi arched and arched it'd be a real gem even more.
Anyways there's a great chance it'll be on my list come the next gun buying season.

Oh and the trigger was sweeet!

Registered
The trigger was one of several things on it that convinced me to sell the sig mosquito. The mosquito was an okay 22 pistol, but the taurus is simply better. (And I know that seems blasphemous to say.)

I haven't put tons of rounds thru my (normal) TX22 in the two years I've had it, but it's been flawless. Bulk stuff from remington & federal both, inexpensive Armscor ammo, minimags, everything I've put in it has functioned perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts