Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from low ready, with any reliability. I've seen quite a few who couldn't do so at 50m, too. garnad can't start with a hammer down lever action, react, raise and hit a 100m torso in less than 2 seconds, and probably not in 2.5 seconds. A good man with a CAR can start at the same time as 2-3 garnads with levers, and kill them all before they can fire a shot with a REMOTE chance of hitting him. Real smart, carry a lever action for a fighting rifle.

If the CAR user starts FIRST, and the first thing that the lever-users know is that #1 of them just got shot, and they try to just stand there and shoot back, 4 more of them are going to get killed before they can do a damned thing about it. You wanna just GIVE enemies that much of an advantage, you are stupid in the extreme.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Okay gunkid, war and shtf is just a game to you. All your enemies are made of cardboard or are 3rd worlders too dumb to shoot back. Your concept of survival is a child's fantasy what with your mylar sleeping bag, silly skatchet, straight razor skinning knife and POS 10" CAR.

You think that you are the only one smart enough to survive. What a joke. There are many people who are heavily armed, superbly equipped, well trained and far more intelligent and ruthless than you. Live in your fantasy world for all I care ... right up to the time when you writhe around with a bullet in your guts and plead for someone to help you.

You're in for a very violent rude awakening one day and you will deserve every bit of it.

RIKA

·
Registered
378 Posts
Who are You gibbering at?, and why would they care? If You had a Car with a Can, how would You be able to restrain the sick urges to shoot everyone you are always prattling on about? I am a typical soldier, and I can hit consistentl out to 200m, from the low ready, and I also can hit out to 400m from a sling supported prone with the issue M16A2. I can use the M203 GL atached under the barrel lto drop indirect fire grenades on your worthless hide. I also travel in a pack as I am a member of the US Military, and have support(Artillery&Air) as required. The Muhadjeen of Afghanistan fought the largest modern army in the world at that time to a virtual standstill armed with homade copies of Enfield rifles, and US Stingers for the helos. What is your opinion on that turn of events? How do you fight a opponent that will blow themselves up to take you out? A lever gun is every bit as fast as a bolt gun and faster than some due to not having to unshoulder the weapon to recharge the chamber. If the mountain men of Afghanistan could do it against real soldiers why couldn't a ******* with a deer rifle do it against You?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You know nothing about real soldiers and nothing about lever action rifles and how to use them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
A good man with a CAR can start at the same time as 2-3 garnads with levers, and kill them all before they can fire a shot with a REMOTE chance of hitting him. Real smart, carry a lever action for a fighting rifle.
I have a levergun, wanna test that theory?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
But gunkid isn't a good man with a CAR. In fact his POSCAR is just a dream of gunloser.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I wouldn't choose a lever for my first choice as a fighting gun, but like any other weapon, it's the guy holding it that's the danger, not the weapon.

Dipdunk here obviosly doesn't understand that starting hammer down (half cock actually) does NOT adversely effect speed in the least, in fact it's the fastest way to carry it safely.

He also doesn't understand that the autoloader has no first shot advantage versus any other action type.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Well dipstick, if you remember correctly we discussed my ability with a Lever action rifle before, regarding my shooting during a match earlier this year!

"Last time I shot a man on man stage at a Cowboy action match at 5 targets between 15-50 yds with a Marlin M1894S, starting with an empty chamber it took me 6.83 seconds to hit targets 1 to 5. While all firearms should be used within their limitations, an armed hostile should never be discounted."

Just in case you forgot! By the way, nobody here believes you a "good man with an AR". A mentally unbalanced man with an AR, yes! Any firearm, makes a good survival firearm, providing that it is used within limitations. Personally, with my Marlin M1894S I'm confident with its accuracy at 75 yds but past that I'm not to happy with it as I would like to be.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
OK, WTF....GK likes to rant on about his Uber-tool for WTSHTF.....No matter what the choice in gear is,there are people who carry something different from whatever the flavor of the month is.They get good with it because A)they work at it &B)Their continued survival depends on it.
And like others have posted YES they can clean your clock whether you have state of the art issue gear,or some cobbled together/hacked&scraped Star BM.because in the end ,the user is as important as whats being used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts