Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V max, at 500 yds, in the chest, from the SAME OAL 223 as an M1A. That bullet will still have 1800 fps, still expand,and still dump all of its 530 ft lbs in you. Those who "think" a 223 has no power beyond 200-300m are just IGNORANT of the facts, that's all.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
m1A has 22" barrel, 3" flashhider, and a LONGER action than the AR. So a 24" barreled 223, with an adequate 1" long flashider, is the SAME oal. Such a barrel starts that 75 gr bullet at 3000 fps.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
So to fit this bullet are you going to tell us again how your going to carve out the front portion of the magazine so it will fit, like you did last time?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
223 fan said:
V max, at 500 yds, in the chest, from the SAME OAL 223 as an M1A. That bullet will still have 1800 fps, still expand,and still dump all of its 530 ft lbs in you. Those who "think" a 223 has no power beyond 200-300m are just IGNORANT of the facts, that's all.
Why do you switch to a .223 with a proper barrel length, instead of quoting your pos 11" car?

We have always said that the .223 is a good choice from a weapon with a proper length barrel.

We have just been pointing out that your 11" poodle shooter is just that, a hacked up CQB weapon (of course you tend to only think in pistol distances anyway).

You should try reading what it is we post. I don't recall anyone saying that the .223 is junk. I only recall people pointing out that YOUR hack job is a pos.

Reading comprehension, like math, isn't one of your strong suits, but that's ok.

We don't dislike you any more. (of course, we don't dislike you any less either.)

:devil:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
m1A has 22" barrel, 3" flashhider, and a LONGER action than the AR. So a 24" barreled 223, with an adequate 1" long flashider, is the SAME oal. Such a barrel starts that 75 gr bullet at 3000 fps.
you really like proving over and over again why your 10" AR is a poor choice. You keep posting examples showing how an AR with a decent barrel length is a good choice. How come you never post your 10" shorty as being capable in this examples? It is almost as though you know your choice sucks.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
IdI wonder if he gave up wrapping the barrel and gas tube with paracord haven't seen him posting about that in years.

Or the "Bondo" Tactical/Sniper Grip.🤣

I'd still like to know what he did or would use in the way of parts sources...Hesse/Vulcan?😁

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
nobody thinks that, other than from your POS 10" (which isn't shooting these rounds anyway)

I thought you state we should be using the GI round, which these aren't.

An M4 clone would be a far more versatile choice than your 10" abortion - it will outperform it with the same ammo across the board.

a 10" .300 blackout would be a better choice - it will also outperform your shorty in every way that matters, and subsonic are a magazine change away.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
And what, exactly do you think you will be doing after taking an 168 gr Barnes VOR-TX at that distance from an AR-10? You planing on rubbing some dirt in it and shaking it off?

Do you see how your silly challenges are silly?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
BTW, the Barnes VOR-TX is a factory load. i.e.: available off the shelf. I used it for that very reason. I hand load for my .308s, so I have an even better selection and more accurate rounds. Just wanted to highlight a serious flaw in Boati's plans, since all his challenges depend on custom ammo.

Off the shelf ammo will absolutely ruin the rest of your life.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
I've become a big fan of the Barnes solid copper bullet line. I've only used the factory-loaded stuff so far (both Barnes & Remington brands), but have been very impressed with them overall. The 130-grain Remington Hog Hammer is the load I've settled on for my .300 blackout pistol, and even the ancient and usually-anemic .45Colt caliber gets a boost from Barnes loads. Their 200-grain "XPB" solid copper HP runs a little over 500 ft/lbs from the 5" revolver and over 750 ft/lbs from the 20" rifle. That's very good for a load that's not a "ruger-only" or +P load.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Melvin, why would you be surprised that someone couldn't do anything after they were shot in the chest? With any bullet?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I've become a big fan of the Barnes solid copper bullet line. I've only used the factory-loaded stuff so far (both Barnes & Remington brands), but have been very impressed with them overall. The 130-grain Remington Hog Hammer is the load I've settled on for my .300 blackout pistol, and even the ancient and usually-anemic .45Colt caliber gets a boost from Barnes loads. Their 200-grain "XPB" solid copper HP runs a little over 500 ft/lbs from the 5" revolver and over 750 ft/lbs from the 20" rifle. That's very good for a load that's not a "ruger-only" or +P load.
I load a 225 gr Barnes tripple shock for my .338 that is .75 MOA from the bench, more than adequate for elk, bear, moose, etc. (it will also punch a ceramic plate at 100 yards - we did some testing)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts