Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and iron sighted, rack grade auto rifles, without ear protecton, better than the 50-50 LUCK ratio of a heads or tails coin toss. So much for the 308 having more "reach" than the AR-223. Hell, with the right loads in it, the 223 still has 75 grs at 2200 fps at that range, starting at 2800 fps in a 24" barrel. 24" AR, with 1" flashhider is SAME OAL rifle as 22" M1A and 3" flashhider. Still expands that V max sp real well at that range, has 800 ft lbs left at 300m, and makes 230 gr .45 jhp's (at 10 ft) look like the pussy loads that they ARE. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That is WITHOUT your being shot at, WITHOUT your buddy's brains sprayed all over your face, WITHOUT being exhausted, dehydrated, dysentric, etc, which is the typical physical state of infantrymen in the field. Hell NO the typical 308 battle rifle doesn't have any more effective range than does the M16 and 223.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
These days a typical battle rifle has optics.And BTW, my loads for the LRPT are supersonic to 1200 yards.

If you havent noticed 1200 yards is my standard for everything I shoot out of that LRPT. What a wierd number. It seems like that is where everything comes mathematicaly together though

·
Registered
285 Posts
Apples-ball 308 and iron sighted, rack grade auto rifles

Oranges-with the right loads in it, the 223 still has 75 grs at 2200 fps at that range, starting at 2800 fps in a 24" barrel. 24" AR, with 1" flashhider but I want to see this 24" AR that has a 24" barrel

Apple to apple ball 308 and iron sighted, rack grade auto rifles to 223 ball rack grade auto rifle

Orange to orange 24" barrel 75 grs to 155AMAX or 175SMK match load in a match 308 rifle. Funny thing is that the 30caliner 155AMAX and 175SMK are designed to work through the magazine, the .224 75grAMX and the 75gr VLD areNOTmade for magazine length loading.

Don't start your notch the front of the magazine out bullshit either, it's been proven that you don't have any experience doing it trying to make heavy bullets feed. Just like your mythical 90gr VLDs.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy's blather is growing tiring. Time for krazy glue in the chapstick.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
andy 300 yards is still pistol shooting distance. why would i need a rifle for that distance?

·
Registered
60 Posts
300 yards is hardly pistol range. However, I see no reason it would be difficult to hit such targets with a .308. Even FMJ ammo can attain such accuracy, unless you're using truly horrible ammo like the surplus Indian/Pakistani ammo that outfits have been hawking lately.
But unless you are just plinking or some such, why would you be using FMJ ammo for precision? Seems more likely you'd be running into someone sorting out their hunting ammo or match ammo. A good A-Frame or MatchKing I would think would be more common for precision work than FMJ.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Actually it is not that long a shot for a handgun. Remember the XP 10 and the contender are pistols and it id still doable with a 10" scoped revolver. And it will be a lot more terminal at that didtance than the 10" POS Car.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
More strawman arguments from the little engine that can't.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
yep mopr epost and run tactics from the cowerd who could not even hack an MP gig 150 klicks south of the DMZ!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
and iron sighted, rack grade auto rifles, without ear protecton, better than the 50-50 LUCK ratio of a heads or tails coin toss. So much for the 308 having more "reach" than the AR-223. Hell, with the right loads in it, the 223 still has 75 grs at 2200 fps at that range, starting at 2800 fps in a 24" barrel. 24" AR, with 1" flashhider is SAME OAL rifle as 22" M1A and 3" flashhider. Still expands that V max sp real well at that range, has 800 ft lbs left at 300m, and makes 230 gr .45 jhp's (at 10 ft) look like the pussy loads that they ARE. :)
you don’t understand probability at all. You do know that even with only two possible outcomes, probabilities other than 50-50 exist, right? Like 75-80% probability of a hit at that distance, or even a 90% probability.

you have a severe flinching problem, and you can’t handle a .308. In fact you can’t handle a .223 without a suppressor. Your shorty will be horrendously loud if you lose your “can”; meaning you’ll be toast.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
10in. disk at 300m with a .308, what is the problem with that? Hell, that is just a warm up shot. Your fucking canned shorty is just a wet dream for you. Any time you want to shoot at that range, come on, you know where the range is, I'll even take the scope off the M1A, oh thats right you don't even have a shorty an can't shoot a rifle except in your dreams. BTW, we just put new LED lights up at the range, so don't shoot them out like last time.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
10in. disk at 300m with a .308, what is the problem with that? Hell, that is just a warm up shot. Your fucking canned shorty is just a wet dream for you. Any time you want to shoot at that range, come on, you know where the range is, I'll even take the scope off the M1A, oh thats right you don't even have a shorty an can't shoot a rifle except in your dreams. BTW, we just put new LED lights up at the range, so don't shoot them out like last time.
I notice he removes optics from guns he doesn’t like, but keeps optics on his imaginary AR.

300 meters isn’t that far, a 10” target is not that difficult....

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Back when I was shooting WW2 re-enactor matches, one December I was shooting a math. I was the team "designated marksman", shooting a stock M1 Garand, iron sights that I had rebarrelled with a new GI barrel in .30-06 using reloaded M25 tracer bullets. The team "designated marksman" started the stage by engaging a "German sentry ( 1 gallon plastic milk jug filled with water & red dye) at 435 yds. I was the first DM to hit the "sentry", more than 60 seconds ahead of any other team.

Reactions: Dorobuta and BigEd
1 - 14 of 14 Posts